Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2017 8:13:14 PM EDT
Saw something on the ground in front of my truck that caught my attention.... Sure enough it was a spent 5.56 or .223 HP bullet.  It looked like it must have come in at a severe angle, someone must have shot almost straight up, and it almost hit the concrete right on the tip and did a tumble.  It looked pretty fresh.

Could have taken me out as I was taking out the garbage!!

Should I file a police report about this?  My initial thought is not to do anything because nobody got hurt and why jam somebody up for something so stupid, but honestly this could have been a deadly situation for myself or my family....

I live in a buffalo suburb and there is a rifle range about 5 miles from my house, but my home isn't in the right direction even if someone missed a berm really high.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Mmm... what are the police going to do?

The ONLY possible outcome is that it somehow makes the news and makes responsible gun owners look bad once again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd contact the range... it has happened in my area before.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant prove where it came from... Whos to say it didnt get stuck in your boot sole or tire tread at the range, the dislodged when you took out your garbage/ pulled in your driveway? Not going to lead to anything but bad press... I can see why you would want to know, just playing Devils advocate
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Well if you were near the "shitty" they'd have called in the SWAT team, HAZZMAT, Chief of Police for a political statement, the Bomb Squad, NEWS, et.al. and told how very dangerous this was, and how the "professionals" are out there taking care of you.
Unless there's a hole somewhere or this starts to become frequent, then I'd let sleeping Dogs lie.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. I let the dog sleep, no harm no foul.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Never invite the man into your life. Ever.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh if only we had COBIS to get to the bottom of this!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh if only we had COBIS to get to the bottom of this!
View Quote
Nice!!!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never invite the man into your life. Ever.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a friend that would drop off a .50BMG  off with a note that said; "Sorry I missed you"  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top