Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The only way to stop this is to impeach these judges and disbar them for life.. Without the rule of law will never be in the interest of these judges.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:48:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#2]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:08:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#3]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I see Larue is impressed w/ your work... Keep up the good fight. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Missed the Larue dillio but awesome work as always Nolo.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I got lucky and saw the dillo alert in Slack in time to snag one.

Thanks for everything you do Nolo!
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]
i admire your fight.. We need this, but NYS will use some Mother Jones bs in there decision..

Why i have zero use for the system.. Its rigged. period..
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
A little bit of a teaser.  So in the Supreme Court caetano case, the court grappled with 200k stun guns and the concurrence implied 200 k is enough for common use.  In this case, we are sitting (so far) at about 1.6 million verifiable units sold.....
View Quote
I love you, no homo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]

I just won in NJ. NY shouldn't be as difficult.
View Quote
I'm still wanting to get the NJ unicorn.  A non-resident CCW without being a famous, rich person, or part of the ruling class.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I got so excited about a glimmer of hope that I jdubbed.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Nolo, you're the only glimmer of hope in NY.  There is not one person in government that has done >1% of the work you have for our freedoms.  If only Trump hired you... could you imagine?

"Hi, I'm here from the government.  And I'm here to sue the government."

Link Posted: 4/7/2018 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Doppleganger871:
Nolo, you're the only glimmer of hope in NY.  There is not one person in government that has done >1% of the work you have for our freedoms.  If only Trump hired you... could you imagine?

"Hi, I'm here from the government.  And I'm here to sue the government."

View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I can just hear the arguments now...

"Well, there are millions of high capacity magazines, too, and we banned them here."

Link Posted: 4/10/2018 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Doppleganger871:
I can just hear the arguments now...

"Well, there are millions of high capacity magazines, too, and we banned them here."

View Quote
...and millions ar AR-15 and AK-47 pattern arms and they were banned with the ban upheld by multiple courts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Local woman was charged w/ possession of a taser this weekend. Why was my question about "who is the Judge in the case?" removed? As a local to Utica, Id like to know how my elected officials lean on the subject...
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Understood. Thank you again for what you do.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#26]
Is there any possible way a win in this case could lead to a case arguing that modern semi auto rifles (with evil features) and magazines are in common usage as well, and therefore can't be outright banned per Heller/McDonald/Caetano?

I know...wishful thinking...

Thanks Nolo.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Any updates ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#30]
NY "expert reports" are due by tomorrow.   Then we have rebuttal.  then i will depose their experts and maybe NY deposes mine.  Then we will move to summary judgment.  so, hold tight!
View Quote
Does our AG stepping down change anything for you?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I dunno how I missed this thread, but I just read the whole thing to catch up. Wow. I knew NYS .gov was crooked, but damn...

Thank you, Nolo. You give a lot of people hope.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the updates. Keep up God's work!
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 2:27:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ADKRebel] [#35]
Alan and I will be in Albany the week of the 23rd
View Quote
Make it up a few days earlier. A bunch of us are camping and having a picnic in central NY.

NYHTF picnic / campout
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:26:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fatboy148] [#37]
Good man in the news (NOT.. FBI Director Christopher A. Wray), everywhere!

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/fbi-bureaucratic-incompetence-nfa/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20180706_FridayDigest_181&utm_campaign=/blog/fbi-bureaucratic-incompetence-nfa/

Exclusive: How the FBI’s Bureaucratic Incompetence is Denying Citizens Their 2A Rights
by JORDAN MICHAELS on JULY 5, 2018

Last month we reported that five individuals had undertaken a suit against the Federal Bureau of Investigation on the grounds that the agency erroneously denied their background check requests and refused to process their appeals. This week three additional individuals added their names to the suit after receiving letters from the Feds claiming that no appeals process exists to contest denied background checks involving NFA items.

“It’s not a lawful position. I don’t know what else to say. It’s just not lawful,” Stephen D. Stamboulieh, the attorney for the plaintiffs, told GunsAmerica. “The FBI is denying my appeal remedy, which is in and of itself a violation of my due process rights. You’re telling me I’m on a list, and you’re giving me no way to get off that list.”

Stamboulieh says he’s been contacted by over 100 individuals who have been waiting years for the FBI to process their background check appeals for Title I firearms (pistols, long guns, etc.). But some of these individuals, like plaintiff Kevin Franscisco Borquez, tried to purchase NFA Class III items (suppressors, short-barreled rifles, etc), and received a letter from the Feds stating that they have no way to appeal their erroneous background check.

Borquez was convicted of a felony in California more than a decade ago. In 2010 he requested that his felony charge be reduced to a misdemeanor, and he received a letter from the state reinstating his Second Amendment rights.

But when he moved to Wyoming and tried to purchase NFA Class III items, the FBI denied his background check request. Borquez attempted to appeal these denials but was advised by the FBI that NICS “does not process appeal requests for the NFA background checks.”

The problem is that, according to Stamboulieh and contrary to what the FBI implies, there isn’t a separate background check process for Title I and Class III items. The ATF approves the transfer of NFA items, but they use the FBI NICS database to do background on prospective owners. Stamboulieh knows this because even NFA items receive a NICS Transaction Number (NTN).

“It’s exactly the same thing,” Stamboulieh pointed out, referring to the background check process for Title I and Class III items. “Why are you giving me an NTN for both if they’re different?”

Stamboulieh argues that because the FBI does the same NICS check for both Title I firearms and NFA items, the same appeals process should be available for both item classes. He’s still waiting for clarification from the Feds, but on the surface, their position is untenable.

“The FBI has taken this absurd position that, ‘We’re not going to process this appeal because it’s not for a Title I firearm,’” he explained. “They say that for the NFA, it’s completely different. You don’t have a right to appeal it, so you’re basically SOL. And I think that’s just wrong.”

Individuals who are denied a Class III purchase based on a faulty background check have few options to restore their Second Amendment rights. Stamboulieh says he knows one man who contacted his gun-friendly Congressman, and his purchase was approved in a matter of days.

But for the majority of gun owners, legal action remains their only recourse. Stamboulieh says he can usually get the FBI to change their decision, but it will cost between $4,000 and $10,000.

If you’re wondering why gun-rights organizations haven’t stepped in, Stamboulieh says the answer is simple: there’s no money in it.

“The way that 18 USC 925A is written, it only provides attorney’s fees if you’re the prevailing party,” he said. “So, what the government does is, as soon as they get one of these complaints, they voluntarily change their position, and they clear your guy. That automatically gets [the Feds] out of paying for attorney’s fees.”

Stamboulieh has developed legislation that would give the FBI 30-60 days to process an appeal, but the Congressman who requested the law has yet to introduce it. In the meantime, Stamboulieh expects to hear from more gun owners who have had their Constitutional rights stripped due to bureaucratic incompetence.

“I don’t even know what to say to that that’s not profane,” he said.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Omnipresent. Love it!
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#40]
not really.

#metoo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BenC:

Does our AG stepping down change anything for you?
not really.

#metoo
You know... other than making the world a better place.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#41]
I hope you'll be closer to the southern part of the state some day soon,  Nolo.

Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 41magluva:
Make it up a few days earlier. A bunch of us are camping and having a picnic in central NY.

NYHTF picnic / campout
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 41magluva:
Alan and I will be in Albany the week of the 23rd

NYHTF picnic / campout
We'll just need to have another one!
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#44]

One day.  We are looking at other cases to file.
View Quote
Nolo, have you thought about suing NYS for Not allowing suppressors? Hearing loss is a real thing and I am sure there is a plaintiff out there who suffered hearing loss shooting unsupressed. Just asking...
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Will the Defense Distributed case change anything in this case? The government filing admitted that semi-automatic weapons under .50 cal are not "military weapons".
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#49]
See y'all tomorrow!
View Quote
Good luck
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#50]

You're gonna lose...you're gonna lose.

But seriously...good luck.

Winning in a NY court is arguably harder than winning a SCOTUS case...even if you have SCOTUS precedent.

NY judges don't give a flying fuck.

Look at Skretny and the 2nd circus...complete morons and liberal activists. Dangerous combo.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top