User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deputyrpa:
Wow.... I read the memorandum. As a non-attorney, I see a lot of meat in there to feast on. Their logic is stunningly deficient, and their movement is deceptive - as it would need to be to defend against this case. Rip 'em a new one Nolo!
View Quote

Did you read Skretny's idiotic ruling on unSAFE? Or the ruling by the morons of the 2nd circuit?

They take liberal blog articles as statements of fact.

We have no hope here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
http://www.sdslaw.us/single-post/2017/03/15/Everytown-files-amicus-in-NY-Taser-case

here's the everytown brief.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
http://www.sdslaw.us/single-post/2017/03/15/Everytown-files-amicus-in-NY-Taser-case

here's the everytown brief.

Wait, if I'm following that correctly, they're saying in the first part that they need to file their brief to alert the court that your arguments need to be rejected to save you from yourself, lest you wreak judicial ruin on your own arguments?

A single twenty-first-century legislative decision should not dictate whether a different legislative judgment made a decade later comports with the Second Amendment.

So like... that means we can ditch the NFA, right?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:05:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JosERW] [#4]

Everything they cited was in direct contradiction to Supreme Court precedent. Now I didn't go to Harvard or Yale, but I do know that a district and circuit court can't overrule the Supreme Court. NY AG apparently doesn't care. The everytown for violence brief is pretty funny.
View Quote
You sure about that?  They got away with it with the unsafe act.  Completely ignored Heller like it didn't even exist.

I always though weapons in common use by law abiding citizens for lawful purposes were specifically protected by the Second Amendment.  Turns out the Constitution is worthless in NY.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck, being in the devils den, you will need it. I am having back issues or I would go up and buy you a beer.    
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By scmar:
Good luck, being in the devils den, you will need it. I am having back issues or I would go up and buy you a beer.    
View Quote
Den?  No sir.  New York is The Devils Playground.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the Court open to the public for this argument?
Utica isn't too far to drive and I'd sure like to see how this sort of thing goes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#11]
If this is successful, next comes:
electronic dart gun
electronic stun gun
gravity knife
switchblade knife
pilum ballistic knife
metal knuckle knife
cane sword
billy
blackjack
bludgeon
plastic knuckles
metal  knuckles
chukka  stick
sand  bag
sandclub
wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot
shirked or "Kung Fu star"
dagger
dangerous knife
dirk
razor
stiletto

-There exists a law, not written down anywhere but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading but by derivation and absorption and adoption from nature itself; a law which has come to us not from theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural intuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn it's cold up here!
View Quote
People in hell want ice water, so...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont know what it is in utica but it was -4 here this morning. -20 in saranac lake where our other store is.

on topic...Best of luck tomorrow nolo. Hopefully this is just the beginning...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Well damn. I don't have any winter clothes because we don't have winter where I'm from.
View Quote
My god, did you watch the weather channel before you boarded your flight for NYS?
We just had the biggest storm of the season last week
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#18]
35* and no wind = tee shirt and sandals as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Good luck, Nolo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 41magluva:
35* and no wind = tee shirt and sandals as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote
  Wore a "light" jacket to work today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Old article but I didn't see it posted here:

http://www.timesjournalonline.com/article.asp?id=101506
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Standing by for AAR.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I just want to tell you both good luck; we're all counting on you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#28]
So much respect for freedom fighters like you and Alan.  No homo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GTwannabe:
View Quote
Ever seen a grown man naked?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By widerstehe:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By widerstehe:
Originally Posted By GTwannabe:
Do you like gladiator movies?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bushman_269:

Do you like gladiator movies?
View Quote
Don't call me Shirley!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:58:35 AM EDT
[#33]
We spent a lot of time driving around schoharie county, visited gilboa dam, and generally saw a ton of pro trump and Hillary for prison signs. completely different than what I expected. Very beautiful part of the country.
View Quote
You should look up photos from Hurricane Irene in 2011.  Middleburgh (main street) was under water.  

Just for comparison, here's pre, and just after of the valley:

http://files.cbs6albany.com/wrgb/weather_historical_daily/2011/Images/Irene_Pictures/SchoharieValleyDry.jpg
http://files.cbs6albany.com/wrgb/weather_historical_daily/2011/Images/Irene_Pictures/SchoharieValley.jpg

And the local papers library of photos:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Photos-Storm-damage-in-Schoharie-County-2149047.php#photo-1562491
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#34]
We spent a lot of time driving around schoharie county, visited gilboa dam, and generally saw a ton of pro trump and Hillary for prison signs. completely different than what I expected. Very beautiful part of the country.
View Quote
NY is a awesome state.. Dam liberals  Communist have messed it up completely..
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#37]
You can understand the desire to split from NYC.  It's the same desire my aunt and uncle have living in southern IL to split from Chicago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:41:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#38]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#39]

It was really amazing. Some of the most beautiful country I've seen. And then realize it's NY and king cuomo fucks everything up.
View Quote
there is an old saying up here, NY would be a great place to live if it wasn't for the NYS government
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Are you SURE you were in Utica?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:

It was really amazing. Some of the most beautiful country I've seen. And then realize it's NY and king cuomo fucks everything up.
Are you SURE you were in Utica?
LOL
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes, a beautiful state.  Depending on which morning you wake up on...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you, Nolo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#45]
That is the shame of it really.  New York is a breathtakingly beautiful State that has everything a sportsman could want from mountains to beaches all within a few hours drive.  Too bad it has been hijacked by the criminal politicians for their own personal gain with the willing participation of the progressives and FSA in NYC.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#46]
This isn't directly related to the case, but is about the AG and his flying monkeys.  Just goes to show what you're up against, Nolo.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/28/schneiderman-accused-of-hiding-emails-with-pro-climate-change-activists/

The AG is entitled to keep intra-office communication private, but must hand over information sent to outside parties. At issue is an Oct 2015 e-mail that Schneiderman’s aide Christina Harvey sent to her boss and an outside political consultant, Kristie Stiles.

E&E’s lawyer, Francis Menton, says the AG’s office waived any right to keeping the documents private by sending them to the operative. The AG’s lawyers say Harvey just wanted Stiles to print the e-mail, and didn’t intend for her to read it.

The judge said she’ll rule on the matter in the coming weeks.
View Quote
I mean, seriously?  The sad thing is I wouldn't be shocked at all if the judge sides with the AG.  As long as the states lawyers can fog a mirror they'll get favorable rulings... an even that requirement is in doubt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cas] [#47]
New York, It's the few rotten 18 million that spoil it for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BenC:
You should look up photos from Hurricane Irene in 2011.  Middleburgh (main street) was under water.  

http://files.cbs6albany.com/wrgb/weather_historical_daily/2011/Images/Irene_Pictures/SchoharieValleyDry.jpg
http://files.cbs6albany.com/wrgb/weather_historical_daily/2011/Images/Irene_Pictures/SchoharieValley.jpg

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Photos-Storm-damage-in-Schoharie-County-2149047.php#photo-1562491
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BenC:

Man that sucked.  It was unbelievable in scale.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By snakes19:

there is an old saying up here, NY would be a great place to live if it wasn't for the NYS government
View Quote
I feel the same way about California too.  My firm used to have an office south of San Jose and it is/was a beautiful area.  I might even have considered moving there BUT there is that California government.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Just getting caught up on this thread now. Thank you Nolo. NYS really is a beautiful place ruined by downstate politics.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top