Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2010 3:51:36 PM EDT
I have a training class on Wed. in Ardsley, so I'm driving up Tues. night and spending the night up there. Is there anything to do there besides hole up in the hotel??
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:01:52 PM EDT
The only place I can think of is Rory Dolans for a meal and a pint. There may be others here who are more local to Yonkers who know the lay of the land better.

Rory Dolans
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:57:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By johnQpublik:
I have a training class on Wed. in Ardsley, so I'm driving up Tues. night and spending the night up there. Is there anything to do there besides hole up in the hotel??

Where is your hotel in Yonkers? Only "real" hotel there is the Hampton Inn over near Cablevision by the Sawmill.

If I were you I'd just mosey on over to White Plains. Way more things to see/do there than Yonkers.

There is always Empire City @ Yonkers Raceway - if you've been to Atlantic City more than twice you're gonna be bored in about 11 minutes flat.

There is a really cool (& somewhat elegant) restaurant over on the Hudson, in the town of Hastings (just north of Yonkers) call "Harvest on Hudson". They frequently have good steaks on the menu, as well as succulent snapper, rabbit, duck, and if I am not mistaken, I've seen them serve pheasant.

My personal preference is to lay low before the class, and unwind after.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:33:37 PM EDT
Sues Rendezvous in Mt vernon is a nice cozy place . strip club. Empire city is pretty good and I think the horse track is open also. Coyne Park Rifle and Pistol Range is a small local place. small cal only for rifle and no magnums. http://www.coyneparkrange.net/index2.php
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:24:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Koi:
Sues Rendezvous in Mt vernon is a nice cozy place . strip club. Empire city is pretty good and I think the horse track is open also. Coyne Park Rifle and Pistol Range is a small local place. small cal only for rifle and no magnums. http://www.coyneparkrange.net/index2.php

Coyne Park Rifle & Pistol Range is closed to the public on Tuesdays. TBTA uses it either am or pm depending on time of year, for training.

If yer gonna venture in Mt. Vernon might I suggest you top up on your Hep, TB and Rabies shots, and might as well take a few extra magazines (you are LE, yes?) with you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:02:29 AM EDT
Thanks for the info guys. Guess I'll just relax after the drive up.

ml2150, I am staying at that Hampton Inn, so good to hear it's decent. Also I am from the Atlantic City area so no interest in that track thing.....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:07:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ml2150:

Originally Posted By johnQpublik:

Where is your hotel in Yonkers? Only "real" hotel there is the Hampton Inn over near Cablevision by the Sawmill.

Eh? What about the Residence Inn across the street (from Cablevision)? That place doesn't look too shabby.

Top Top