Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 2:08:34 PM EDT
If anyone is going could you please report on prices for ammo?
Specifically  40 S&W /1000 rds federal  and 5.56 either turkish or privi.

thanks to all and be safe this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm going.   Anyone have pics of the show from previous years?   Is it outside or?  I saw its at the fairgrounds...                eta I don't think I will go.  Feels like i ran into a brick wall head first.  Ill wait and goto the clifton park show next weekend however
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It's inside.

You will get ammo at better prices online(with shipping).
I'll be going Sunday.
Dieter,give me a call on my cell if you go. We hit a great place for lunch.  

EDIT:

Do a search for "orange county shooters" and you will find a link with a dollar off coupon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there Sunday when the doors open. Never know what I didnt know I needed....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I went today and I should have saved My $10 . Like a previous poster said You can get ammo cheaper online
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I went today and I should have saved My $10 . Like a previous poster said You can get ammo cheaper online
any cool guns or decent buys on them?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Years ago, going to a gun show got you good deals on just about everything. Now with the advent of the internet, a gun show is the last place to go for a deal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Any good Hot Sauce?

Give a rest guys, don't waste your time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any good Hot Sauce?

I am going for some ammo cans , and misc stuff!! I also have a Glock 22 I want to get some nite sites installed on by Jon the Glock armorer!!

Anyone else going tomorrow (Sunday)??
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any good Hot Sauce?

I am going for some ammo cans , and misc stuff!! I also have a Glock 22 I want to get some nite sites installed on by Jon the Glock armorer!!

Anyone else going tomorrow (Sunday)??
.  What does he charge for the sites with install?  I got a g19 that could use some night site love.  Though if too steep ill have to stick with my p239.   Also how many years are the sites good and active for?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
$95 installed for the Trijicon Sites. I believe 10 years is what the expected life is but I have Trij. sites that are 13-15 yrs old and still glow brite ??
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Very little hot sauce/jerky. Not a lot of AR stuff. I got 1k of CAVIM 7.62 for $250. Guess I'll see if it kabooms.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very little hot sauce/jerky. Not a lot of AR stuff. I got 1k of CAVIM 7.62 for $250. Guess I'll see if it kabooms.

What mfg?  And x39 or x51?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Venezulean CAVIM. 7.62x51. Had a rep for kaboom in G3 types. 10 years ago, Cole Distributing was blowing it out at $150 plus shipping. Got the only case though.Other stuff was odds and ends. $5 Bore Snakes, choke tubes, etc. Got what had to be 30lbs of partially opened powder in original cans for $30. Included a couple unopened Bullseye, 4198, Pyrodex. Plenty of overpriced stuff to be had. Virtually no primers or reloading components for sale. Ammo was a mixed bag. At one table, a guy had S&B .22 Hornet for $8/box. 5 tables down, guys were buying the same for $25. Sellers were blaming Obama for the slow sales. Apparently Obama is being way too stealthy in his effort to ban all guns.

Best overheard story at an FFL table. Guy buys an AR, and gets a delay. Guy tells the FFL that he had a pistol permit but had it taken away as he threatened to kill himself with it. Still planning on picking up his AR. Wanted an AR because he SAID that he could cut it down into a pistol. The FFL has to buy the gun from the seller, as the delay process is 3 days, the show is 2 days and the FFL has the gun logged. Seller happy, buyer hopeful, FFL??????
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#14]
The only thing worth going for is the guy with the hot sauces. Other than that its just a bunch of over priced stuff...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Venezulean CAVIM. 7.62x51. Had a rep for kaboom in G3 types. 10 years ago, Cole Distributing was blowing it out at $150 plus shipping. Got the only case though.Other stuff was odds and ends. $5 Bore Snakes, choke tubes, etc. Got what had to be 30lbs of partially opened powder in original cans for $30. Included a couple unopened Bullseye, 4198, Pyrodex. Plenty of overpriced stuff to be had. Virtually no primers or reloading components for sale. Ammo was a mixed bag. At one table, a guy had S&B .22 Hornet for $8/box. 5 tables down, guys were buying the same for $25. Sellers were blaming Obama for the slow sales. Apparently Obama is being way too stealthy in his effort to ban all guns.

Best overheard story at an FFL table. Guy buys an AR, and gets a delay. Guy tells the FFL that he had a pistol permit but had it taken away as he threatened to kill himself with it. Still planning on picking up his AR. Wanted an AR because he SAID that he could cut it down into a pistol. The FFL has to buy the gun from the seller, as the delay process is 3 days, the show is 2 days and the FFL has the gun logged. Seller happy, buyer hopeful, FFL??????

what a mess

ive seen/heard plenty of odd stories, this def ranks high up there though.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I overheard something at a table and I'm curious if it's true or not.

First off, it was the guy who is always selling clearly postban glock mags labeled as preban.  He didn't have any this time, I guess he finally learned better.

Anyhow, there was a gent from NJ who was wanting to buy a stripped lower from this guy.  Guy tells him that he cannot sell him a lower, because "he could turn it into a pistol" but he could sell him a whole rifle.  Said there was a recent law change prohibiting this.  OTOH, if there was an FFL from NJ at the show, he could sell him the lower if the NJ FFL would do the transfer.  

I just walked away.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Anyhow, there was a gent from NJ who was wanting to buy a stripped lower from this guy.  Guy tells him that he cannot sell him a lower, because "he could turn it into a pistol" but he could sell him a whole rifle.  Said there was a recent law change prohibiting this.  OTOH, if there was an FFL from NJ at the show, he could sell him the lower if the NJ FFL would do the transfer.  

He's confused, partially correct and partially incorrect all at the same time.

You can transfer a stripped receiver from a NY FFL in an OTC transaction if you are at least 21 years old and a legal resident of NYS.

As a NJ resident he/she would have to have the stripped receiver shipped to a NJ FFL for transfer. A NJ resident could transfer a NJ legal rifle/shotgun in NYS as long as he/she possessed a FID card and the NY FFL fills out the NJ COE transfer form. Once again a stripped receiver can only be transferred in your state of residence. The NY FFL is whacked in the head if he thinks a NJ FFL at a NY gunshow can transfer a stripped receiver to a NJ resident. It also has nothing to do with "you could turn it into a pistol". It's simply not classified as either a rifle or shotgun.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Specifically  40 S&W /1000 rds federal

saw Federal (american eagle) .40 for $270 per 1000
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Also stopped by Gander Mountain about a mile away. They had Berkley Gulp fishing bait red tagged on sale. And another 50 percent off at the register that day. Score.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top