Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 1:40:23 AM EDT
Hello all,
would it be legal to put one of those STK6 Stocks on my norinco sks? I'm a resident of nassau county if that matters.  it will not have the nade-launcher and I'm not sure about the baonet. Anyone know how to open the baonet on one of these things? It seems to be locked closed.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If it folds, I'm not sure how legal it is. In New York, if you have to ask, It's not. Be careful who you listen to, lots of bad info out there. As far as the bayo goes, while holding the rifle grab the knurled sleeve and pull that towards you. THEN swing the bayo out. Some try to do it at the same time and that can be difficult.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the deal, if you swap out the stock, its not C&R anymore. You need to play the compliance game and switch out some foreign parts for US ones.

Keep in mind, you've now got a pistol grip and a folding stock. I don't recommend duckbill mags anyway but you will need to stay with the fixed magazine after switching to the STK6 or you'll have yourself an assault weapon.

If you order from SKSman.com or someone similar, make sure you get the compliance kit with the US parts.

My .02 cents, the STK6 looks like ass and I don't particularly care for ATI products (manufacture quality is all over the place.) If you're going to get anything, get the Monte Carlo stock by ATI because it does well to balance the gun. The STK6 is too light in the back and it makes the rifle feel awkward.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't he fine if he stays with the fixed 10rnd mag and plays the compliance-game? I cant see it falling under the def of an AW if its a fixed-mag gun with "evil"-features. Hell, if people in Cali can get an bayo-lugged, flash-hidered and tele-stock "AR15" as long as the mag is fixed into the well and is only 10rnds', he should be fine with an SKS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:05:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Isn't he fine if he stays with the fixed 10rnd mag and plays the compliance-game? I cant see it falling under the def of an AW if its a fixed-mag gun with "evil"-features. Hell, if people in Cali can get an bayo-lugged, flash-hidered and tele-stock "AR15" as long as the mag is fixed into the well and is only 10rnds', he should be fine with an SKS.

Yeah he is, that's why I told him to keep the original fixed mags in instead of going to duckbills. The rifle loses its C&R status once you change the stock.

"you will need to stay with the fixed magazine after switching to the STK6 or you'll have yourself an assault weapon."
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
IF your SKS was in the country BEFORE the Federal Assault Weapon Ban was in place, you can do whatever you want to it.

If some fool put a bayonet on it after the ban, you're already in deep crap so far as ny state is concerned.

Chances are you are the owner of a Pre-Ban Norinco, you could run the serial number and find out if it's under the cut-off date and you can put any damn thing you want on it!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:41:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Adirondack, for my own understanding, I was under the impression that if you change out the stock, its technically not the same rifle and will lose its pre-ban status. So if you swap the stock, you might as well have added a grenade launcher or a flash supressor? You've technically modified the weapon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#7]
If it wasn't "evil" before the ban, it can't become "evil" now, no matter when it was made.

That's the legal side of it. Now...  how can they prove it wasn't that way before? They don't have to. In this case the burden of proof is on you. You're guilty until you can prove otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top