Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/4/2006 5:42:11 AM EDT
Look at this. Makes me so mad I could spit nails:

Weapon Ban Needed

Ever been shopping in the Town of Ulster? Thought that people with bad attitudes and assaut rifles only prowled cities? Welcome to George W. Bush's world, where just about anyone can have and use an assault rifle.

Do you think that the people who ran for their lives, the parents who sheltered their small children behind DVD racks, the relatives who couldn't get into the mall afterward to see if their loved ones were alive will feel better if the gunman was not a criminal before he started shooting? Do you feel safer knowing that because of President Bush and the Republicans in Congress, anybody with a clean criminal record and a bad mood can kill quite a few people before running out of ammunition?

Is there any use for an automatic or semiautomatic weapon besides killing a lot of people easily? Instead of wondering why he did it, why don't you contact your state and federal politicians and demand that New York State and the USA ban all automatic and semiautomatic weapons?

Andi Weiss Bartczak
Gardiner

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:10:39 AM EDT
I live in ulster...what paper was this in?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:38:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By maddog_enigma:
Look at this. Makes me so mad I could spit nails:

Weapon Ban Needed

Ever been shopping in the Town of Ulster? Thought that people with bad attitudes and assaut rifles only prowled cities? Welcome to George W. Bush's world, where just about anyone can have and use an assault rifle.

Do you think that the people who ran for their lives, the parents who sheltered their small children behind DVD racks, the relatives who couldn't get into the mall afterward to see if their loved ones were alive will feel better if the gunman was not a criminal before he started shooting? Do you feel safer knowing that because of President Bush and the Republicans in Congress, anybody with a clean criminal record and a bad mood can kill quite a few people before running out of ammunition?

Do you feel safer knowing that someone who has a clean criminal record and a bad mood can kill quite a few people while drunk behind the wheel of a car before he runs out of gas?

A-HOLE

Is there any use for an automatic or semiautomatic weapon besides killing a lot of people easily? Instead of wondering why he did it, why don't you contact your state and federal politicians and demand that New York State and the USA ban all automatic and semiautomatic weapons?

Andi Weiss Bartczak
Gardiner

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:00:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wolfgang12:
I live in ulster...what paper was this in?

It was in the Times-Herald Record shortly after the Kingston Mall Incident. I had saved it and just came across it this morning. It pissed me off all fresh again so I thought I'd share my pain.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:49:51 AM EDT
no one was killed in that mall incident IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:23:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By k47k:
no one was killed in that mall incident IIRC.

Entirely correct. But since when do facts affect a-hole anti-gun libs?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:48:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:17:14 PM EDT
Lets not mention that bush supported the assault weapons ban and stated he would pass it if it ever made its way onto his desk.
Top Top