Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 8:25:48 AM EDT
Edited to add, thanks Bob Menendez!!!! You POS!!

SHH! HILL TAKES AIM AT GUNS

By IAN BISHOP Post Correspondent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email  Archives
Print  Reprint
Feeds  Newsletters

April 3, 2006 -- WASHINGTON - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has quietly stepped up her fight for tighter gun control by signing on to a new push to make public a national database of weapons used in crimes and illegal sales.
Her résumé on gun control, a pet issue among the Democratic Party's liberal base, includes calls for a ban on assault weapons and so-called "cop killer" armor-piercing ammo - yet she hasn't personally taken a lead role in any gun legislation in this Congress.

Her silent shuffle to the left on the lightning-rod issue is sure to rankle the powerful National Rifle Association and gun-loving heartland voters who will decide the 2008 White House race.

But Clinton was so eager to have her name attached to the bill that she called Sen. Bob Menendez out of the blue to co-sponsor it, the rookie New Jersey Democrat told The Post.

She signed on to the bill last week, immediately after Menendez formally filed it, but never touted her support in a press release. So far, Clinton and fellow New York Dem Chuck Schumer are the sole Senate co-sponsors.

The NRA, gun manufacturers and their congressional allies say critics only want the data so they can sue gunmakers.

The NRA's massive political machine is poised to pound on Clinton in gun-obsessed battleground states during a likely 2008 White House race - an onslaught she may have a tough time countering.

[email protected]

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope Hillary motivates more and more people to join the NRA. I know she and Bloomberg convinced me to become a life member.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#2]
She's flirting with fire now.  Not one issue has been more of a death knell for Liberals than gun control.  I think if she keeps pushing for this, she will certainly lose the White House.  Keep going Hillery!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Go Hillary. Between you and and Bloombutt you are creating a nice backlash against anyone running for national office from NY.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#4]
i hope she is the reason that gun control dies out totally as a political issue on the libbies agenda....

man my 8mm milsurp ammo slices through steel plating darn fine!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top