Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 2:06:35 PM EDT
A bunch of the NY Guys got together today for a focused scattergun shooting session put on by Member SP10. We had a ton of fun and it was a beautiful day to spend outside.

EdAvilaSr Showing us how its done.

Bang!

SP10 in action.

How bout' these apples Schumer?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice ummmm pre bans
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That was a happy gunrack!

I must say it was a fun, informative day. This was the first time most of us put our shotguns through some serious paces in a 'semi-formal' environment, as the majority of us prefer ARs as our firstline HD guns. The pump guns more than held their own  against the semi's. I think all of us have a better appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of SGs as a HD tool.

I'll let MDTS1 post  his theory on why pumpgunners are so 'fast.' The boy concerns me
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
As an aside, and a Heads up Dicks has Remington UMC .223 (50 rds.) Case Price, 10 boxes or more $4.48 = $89.60 + tax per/1000. I called Clay and Farimount and neither have any in stock.

The guy at Fairmount who seemed to know what he was talking about said that the best course of action is to pick up a rain check. They havent had any in 2 weeks by his estimation. He said the more of a demand that they have, the more likely they are to skip the middle man and go straight to who he reffered to as "The Allocator" for a large shipment on Rush. So which Dick's will be the lucky recipient of arfcom NY Chapter ammo bumrush? Fairmount looks good, im in for 3K. Gentleman?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As an aside, and a Heads up Dicks has Remington UMC .223 (50 rds.) Case Price, 10 boxes or more $4.48 = $89.60 + tax per/1000. I called Clay and Farimount and neither have any in stock.

The guy at Fairmount who seemed to know what he was talking about said that the best course of action is to pick up a rain check. They havent had any in 2 weeks by his estimation. He said the more of a demand that they have, the more likely they are to skip the middle man and go straight to who he reffered to as "The Allocator" for a large shipment on Rush. So which Dick's will be the lucky recipient of arfcom NY Chapter ammo bumrush? Fairmount looks good, im in for 3K. Gentleman?

Yep, the flyer does indeed say UMC .223 50pk for $4.48 case price.

I'd bet a $10 bill those are boxes of 20 for 4.48, not a bx/50. I'd like to be proven wrong as that would be a HUGE deal for training ammo.

I'll be stopping at Dicks to check it out in case the flyer IS correct. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Good stuff!

Although, I am disappinted with the photo of the rack.  How many shooters were there, as my living room looks like that and I am only one man!

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good stuff!

Although, I am disappinted with the photo of the rack.  How many shooters were there, as my living room looks like that and I am only one man!

Yeah, but these aren't airsoft

edit: 10 shooters today.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone has an awesome backyard.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, but these aren't airsoft

Man, that stings.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Where was this?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#10]
That gun rack gives you.... WOOD!  It's good to be Upstate.  Any of those ARs the SEBR from this year.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#11]
A good time was had by all!
I too worry about Chris and his theories on pumpgunning
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:07:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The guy at Fairmount who seemed to know what he was talking about said that the best course of action is to pick up a rain check. They haven't had any in 2 weeks by his estimation. He said the more of a demand that they have, the more likely they are to skip the middle man and go straight to who he referred to as "The Allocator" for a large shipment on Rush. So which Dick's will be the lucky recipient of arfcom NY Chapter ammo bum rush? Fairmount looks good, I'm in for 3K. Gentleman?

You do mean this store chain, www.dickssportinggoods.com/home/index.jsp right?
So how come I can't find any link to 'ammo' or 'rifle ammo' on there site? I did a search box search.
Nothing but airsoft.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy at Fairmount who seemed to know what he was talking about said that the best course of action is to pick up a rain check. They haven't had any in 2 weeks by his estimation. He said the more of a demand that they have, the more likely they are to skip the middle man and go straight to who he referred to as "The Allocator" for a large shipment on Rush. So which Dick's will be the lucky recipient of arfcom NY Chapter ammo bum rush? Fairmount looks good, I'm in for 3K. Gentleman?

You do mean this store chain, www.dickssportinggoods.com/home/index.jsp right?
So how come I can't find any link to 'ammo' or 'rifle ammo' on there site? I did a search box search.
Nothing but airsoft.

Most of the sporting goods suppliers in NY remain "PC" by not listing ammo or guns over the net where a criminal could try to order them.  At least that's what I think is the reason... Gander Mtn. and Sports Authority don't put their ammo and guns on the net, either.

That gun rack looked sexy as all hell, looks like you guys had some fun.  Friday - Sunday were perfect days to get out and shoot something.  I didn't get out though, work kept me indoors all weekend .  I need to get my H&K out and free her from safe queen-dom too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I think I'll make some phone calls to the stores, see who's got what in stock where.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That gun rack gives you.... WOOD!  It's good to be Upstate.  Any of those ARs the SEBR from this year.

Negative on the SEBR.

Racer, after the shotgun workshop material was completed, Adirondack47 and I had our Kimber Warrior/ Springer TRP shoot-off. Both are good pistols. I am fond of my TRP. You can likely inspect both in June.

While this was  primarily a focused shotgun workshop, I designed a timed multiple engagement drill that we ran with both shotguns and AR15s. Thats why you see the ARs in the rack at a shotgun event. I think it was an informative day. It was most definitely fun

A word to the wise: If someone takes you hostage and the cops who come to free you are carrying shotguns loaded with buckshot at a distance more than 10 yards, make your peace with God
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Looks like a fun time was had by all...My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.

Sorry! ...Sad to say you missed Ed Sr wearing his 'man bra' yesterday
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Ed's MANBRA aside....
A good time was had by all.
I especially had a good time Saturday night at BASSPRO....

I was thinking of  Bras myself.....but not the one ED was wearing Sunday....

The guys got to meet my new Sweet at BassPro, she ironically was there with her mom.

By the way guys, she hunts, fishes, and shoots...

Saturday morning she went opening of trout season with her dad.. and caught a 6 POUND Brown on her first cast.......

She does however look better in those 3 inch Stilettos than in her waders.......Don't you think guys?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top