Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:21:11 AM EDT
Yup, New Jersey's overall financial crisis really hit home today. I found out that I now have to begin paying into my own health benefits and have no raises for two years. Sigh...More broken promises from my "gubmint job". Now I'm in a really bad mood.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:22:47 AM EDT
Welcome to the real world. I've been paying a portion of my health benifits for the last 32 years and haven't had a raise in 3 years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:53:57 AM EDT
I work for the fedgov and have to do the same thing. It sucks. Hopefully they won't ding you too much. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:16:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 9:18:18 AM EDT by GoingIncognito]

Originally Posted By LUGERMAN:
Welcome to the real world. I've been paying a portion of my health benifits for the last 32 years and haven't had a raise in 3 years.

This was the first job I've had where my benefits were free, and it's a great package. I'm afraid to see what the final amount they decide I need to pay will be. This whole thing is even worse because I've been promised some fairly substantial raises since September '05 (which were supposed to be retroactive), and a future raise in July, and another in September '06. Looks like all three raises are gone with the wind, now. I'm basically taking a pay cut. On top of all that, taxes in my town went up a fair bit, too..grrr....I hope that they don't decide to take any more" cost saving" measures, as things are bad enough around here anyway.

Edit: Anyone who gets the Trenton Times and/or the Trentonian may have read about the troubles.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:14:54 AM EDT
I feel for you. It's going to keep getting more and more prohibitive to line in the Garden State. I'm facing a 7% property tax hike soon too with no end in sight. The taxes they are taking out of my pay every week would buy me a real nice expensive rifle once a month.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:15:16 PM EDT
yes it sucks but your still working....

wait till the 11 million illegals get their way
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:47:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BSOG1:
yes it sucks but your still working....

wait till the 11 million illegals get their way

Man, if any illegals can run a Technology Department I'm in trouble!

My wife says I should just be happy I still have a job. I am happy about that, but I'm all sour about the money thing
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:58:10 AM EDT
I've been paying into my health benefits for years and just last year the scumbags I work for (the largest LTL freight transportation company in the world)announced they will not be paying anything into my health benefits upon my retirement. I've been there 17 yrs now. How's that for sticking it in my ass?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:37:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GoingIncognito:

This was the first job I've had where my benefits were free, and it's a great package. I'm afraid to see what the final amount they decide I need to pay will be. This whole thing is even worse because I've been promised some fairly substantial raises since September '05 (which were supposed to be retroactive), and a future raise in July, and another in September '06. Looks like all three raises are gone with the wind, now. I'm basically taking a pay cut. On top of all that, taxes in my town went up a fair bit, too..grrr....I hope that they don't decide to take any more" cost saving" measures, as things are bad enough around here anyway.

Edit: Anyone who gets the Trenton Times and/or the Trentonian may have read about the troubles.

You're still a young guy, join the military!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:13:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Blue_Suiter:

Originally Posted By GoingIncognito:

You're still a young guy, join the military!

Well, at least if I did that I wouldn't have to worry about any insurgents killing me...My wife would take care of that double quick
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:55:12 PM EDT
Sorry to hear it Brother. Medical costs are skyrocketing and no one wants to pick up the tab. So! naturally the middleclass will hae to carry the burden. AGAIN Good luck! GD
Top Top