Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:07:39 AM EDT
Hi all! I've usually had no problem understanding the concepts of the evil features list, but there's that darn "copies or duplicates" section as well that lists out specific models. I never worried about it since I bought my ar and ak clones from the gunshop and they were legal.

But now I have the opportunity to build up a Group Industries UZI receiver. (yeah I know I still gotta do 922r). Does anyone have a reference on what is considered a copy and what isn't?

Since "Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI" is on the list?

Thanks!
Jay
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:31:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 2:19:30 PM EDT by PK90]
OOPS... Sorry, wrong state.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 2:08:31 PM EDT by HKgnnr]
I think its because first - they define what an assault weapon is, ie. folding stock, bayo lug, detach. mag, etc.

Then they go on to say "copies" I think what they mean is any such weapon, by any other "brand" name are classified as an assault weapon if they have such preban features - so this leads to preban/postban clarification.

In other words:

Preban IMI UZI - preban features are OK
Preban "WIDGET BRAND" UZI - preban features are OK

IMI UZI - configured as a postban (no collapsible stock) - OK
"WIDGET BRAND" UZI - configured as a postban - OK

Don't forget, if its an IMI receiver which is foreign, you'll still need to watch your part counts rule!

This is how Romanian AKs, WASRs, CETMEs etc can pass the postban definition because of limited preban style features and US made parts. To clarify as and example, postban CETMEs are NY compliant if they have a "welded" muzzle brake, no bayonet lug and no collapsible stock. US parts include fire control group, muzzle brake and pistol grip.

Should work in the same way with an UZI.

.........In other words, I think I need a drink now.
Top Top