Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 10:07:46 PM EDT
I am hoping someone here has transfered a firearm through Freeport Firearms Dealer AKA Freeport Revolver & Rifle Association and would be willing to tell me how it went, good or bad.  I am buying another out-of-state rifle and am looking to have them do the transfer.  My last guy at Campsite Sports in Huntington doubled their fee since my last transfer with them in February from $50 to $100 per firearm.  Needless to say, I'm looking elsewhere for an honest, reliable, and especially, a reasonably priced FFL.  If I don't get a response, I will just take a chance and let you all know how it went.  Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#2]
These dealers in NY are getting greedy as all hell.
+1 for Hunter Sports  go see Mark
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I used an ffl dealer in huntington last week he's on W. jericho tnpk. his name is Troy and  he charged me 35 bucks for smooth and easy transfer and no BS like you get from local dealers. i just wanted to give heads up if anyone lives in central long island. his ph.# 631-351-4571
thanks
dj1075
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid 50  2 months ago at T and T in Seaford for a handgun transfer, thats the only place I go to - I believe they charge half of that for a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL Even good ole lou has jacked his prices to $40.00 that was a year ago for me last time I used him. and I like Lou you can always go in and bullshit a little with him.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am hoping someone here has transfered a firearm through Freeport Firearms Dealer AKA Freeport Revolver & Rifle Association and would be willing to tell me how it went, good or bad.  I am buying another out-of-state rifle and am looking to have them do the transfer.  My last guy at Campsite Sports in Huntington doubled their fee since my last transfer with them in February from $50 to $100 per firearm.  Needless to say, I'm looking elsewhere for an honest, reliable, and especially, a reasonably priced FFL.  If I don't get a response, I will just take a chance and let you all know how it went.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Edpmedic uses him all the time, says the guy is good and cheap
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Edpmedic uses him all the time, says the guy is good and cheap

+1 I met EdpMedic last year at Freport R&R when I transfered 15 lowers Alan the guy there was verry good to deal with I will use them for ALL my transfers while I still live here
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Another +1 for freeport. I used them for a transfer for a 17 HMR. Alan is a great guy and reasonable. I would have mentioned that my buddy used him to transfer a bunch of lowers but he already beat me to it.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a member there and I do all my long guns through AL @ Freeport....You will not have any problems at all. ANy questions IM me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to leave a comment. I decided to use Alan @ Freeport before I had even seen any comments on him being a good guy. I called him on Thursday night and what I thought was going to be a 5 minute phone call was almost half an hour. He does FFL transfers for $25 and gives all the proceeds to the Junior program at Freeport, he either runs it or is otherwise involved. He seems like a great guy. What a win-win situation, I get a reliable guy to do an FFL transfer for a really reasonable price and I get to help our future sharpshooters. I'll let you all know how it goes when time comes to pick-up the rifle. Thanks again, everyone.

EDITED TO ADD: WOW! What a great guy! Alan was a breeze to deal with and I will recommend him to anyone that needs the services of an FFL. Plus, on Long Island, you can't beat $25 on a long gun transfer. Got real nervous when he told me that the Freeport Police had my rifle, until he explained they just accepted the package for him.  It was delivered when Alan wasn't available. He's a straight forward guy, opened the FedEx outer box right in front of me. I highly recommend him over quite a few of the locals that either want too much or refuse to transfer some guns based on their personal preference rather than legality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top