Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:22:08 AM EDT
The city got a new weapon yesterday in its war
against guns - Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.

Mayor Bloomberg, who has made his crusade to get
illegal guns off the streets a hallmark of his
second term, met yesterday with Villaraigosa to
discuss working together on gun-control issues.

Neither mayor would give details about their plan.

"I'm excited about the prospect of working with
him," said Villaraigosa, adding that he plans to
come back for another visit to focus on the issue.

"This challenge of addressing gun violence is a very big one."

Bloomberg also go a chance to show off his
Spanish yesterday - answering a series of
questions en español during an appearance with
Villaraigosa at PS 282 in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

At the same event, Villaraigosa praised
Bloomberg's takeover of the city's public schools.

"You had the courage, the tenacity and the
determination to say that you were ready and
willing to take over the schools, not for the
purpose of taking them over, but for the purpose
of ensuring accountability," he said.

This is trouble for us in NYS and the City. Expect to have only FAB-10's out here and our 50's taken away. Something needs to be done to rid NY of Bloomberg real fast, and send a message to those who want to hurt us.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:12:55 AM EDT
Agreed. This is not good
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:44:51 AM EDT
I read that in the post today and my reaction was "What more can they do?"

Bloomberg has proved himself to be the most hostile antigun politician possible. I'd like to see how he felt if he couldn't have his armed security team with him at all times.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:48:50 AM EDT
Bloomberg is obviously looking to run for Congress at some point and believes his gun control agenda will get him elected.

It is critical for that we maintain a Republican majority in the NYS Senate for the 2007-2008 Legislative session. If we could pickup some additional Senate seats that would send a message to the Democrats to stop passing their feel good anti-gun laws that have no effect on crime. As always these laws only serve to disarm the law abiding citizens of NY.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:20:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:

It is critical for that we maintain a Republican majority in the NYS Senate for the 2007-2008 Legislative session. If we could pickup some additional Senate seats that would send a message to the Democrats to stop passing their feel good anti-gun laws that have no effect on crime. As always these laws only serve to disarm the law abiding citizens of NY.

Well said, I hope all those NY-ers on this site vote accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:09:48 PM EDT
Well the way Bush has been going it looks like the seats are going to the Dems. Seems like all his people are trying to distance them selves from him and the VP. I hope I am wrong but again I ask who is there to vote for. Repub or Dem they are not the parties they use to be.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:37:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:49:53 AM EDT

Bloomberg is obviously looking to run for Congress at some point and believes his gun control agenda will get him elected.

I agree about the Senate. Does anyone have Nick Spano as their Senator? Last time he won by only 18 votes in a recount. We need to "get out the vote" to ensure he wins. We can't afford to lose any seats. I don't know how many other close races there are. I think the republicans hold a 35-27 lead in seats. The Senate is the key to keeping what gun rights we have. The assembly is a lost cause. Spitzer will probably be the next governor.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:53:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 6:53:57 AM EDT by rkbar15]

Originally Posted By Helldog40:
Gad...I HATE it when you say something sensible and I have to agree with you...

Geez, nice of you to show up for your once a month NY forum vist.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:58:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 6:59:46 AM EDT by HKgnnr]
I'd agree with him, if the wording was kinda like this:

The city got a new weapon yesterday in its war
against Illegals - Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.

Mayor Bloomberg, who has made his crusade to get
illegals off the streets a hallmark of his
second term, met yesterday with Villaraigosa to
discuss working together on illegal immigration-control issues.

Neither mayor would give details about their plan.

"I'm excited about the prospect of working with
him," said Villaraigosa, adding that he plans to
come back for another visit to focus on the issue.

"This challenge of addressing illegals is a very big one."

And how fitting the second half of the story would be

Bloomberg also go a chance to show off his
Spanish yesterday - answering a series of
questions en español during an appearance with
Villaraigosa at PS 282 in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

At the same event, Villaraigosa praised
Bloomberg's takeover of the city's public schools.

"You had the courage, the tenacity and the
determination to say that you were ready and
willing to take over the schools, not for the
purpose of taking them over, but for the purpose
of ensuring accountability," he said.

Worthless shitstick LA mayor - tell him to clean up his own backyard before coming to ours.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:00:44 AM EDT
If we take illegals off the streets of NY, who is going to:

- Deliver my Chinese food by bicycle in a driving rainstorm
- Clean the dishes in my restaurant for $2.50/hour
- Wash and iron my dress shirts for $1.25 per
- Do demo work in my apartment for $50/day
- Replant my garden for $6.00/hour
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:01:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:

Easy - have a kid
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:02:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 7:22:38 AM EDT by rkbar15]
Unfortunately Bloombutt would like to see all legal gun owner's in prison and illegals having the right to vote for him.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:25:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:

Given the cost of living in NYC, paying any of those wages for any sort of work should be criminal.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:53:04 AM EDT
I think Bloomberg's comments and actions have resulted in a lot of unwanted attention from the NRA. He made the cover of this months issue of America's 1st Freedom, and the magazine featured a great article exposing him as a liar and a a hypocrite... written by Wayne LaPierre. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I like seeing the NRA focus on the jerks we have in NY.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:39:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:40:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:50:09 PM EDT

Gad...I HATE it when you say something sensible and I have to agree with you...

Geez, nice of you to show up for your once a month NY forum vist.

Oh puh-leeze...spare me the sarcasm...I'm here jujst about daily....I just don't have all the billable hours on the client's dime spare time you have to post....

You are lucky you're my favorite Staff person or I'd start a thread in the Team Forum about how you're always pickin' on me.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:10:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:25:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By whisky19:
I agree about the Senate. Does anyone have Nick Spano as their Senator? Last time he won by only 18 votes in a recount. We need to "get out the vote" to ensure he wins. We can't afford to lose any seats. I don't know how many other close races there are. I think the republicans hold a 35-27 lead in seats. The Senate is the key to keeping what gun rights we have. The assembly is a lost cause. Spitzer will probably be the next governor. Whisky19

Nick Spano is a weasel on the gun issue. Being the politician he is, he's changed his tune over the years. When I first got into the hobby in the mid 1980s, he was a solid gun rights supporter. I met him personally at a friend's gun shop, and he mentioned he had shot a friend's AK-47 and thought it was fun and had no problems with us owning them.

Fast forward to this century, and he was part of the Republican machinery who gave us the permanent Federal style AW ban, ballistic finger printing, etc. in an effort to "out gun control" the Democrats. Jean Pirro is another who cut and ran on us too after taking our votes. I understand the demographics in Westchester have changed, and would reluctantly vote for them as their opponents are far worse on many issues. But one thing is sure, when the heat is on, I know they will stab us in the back again.

rkbar15 is correct that the Republicans need to hold on to the majority in the Senate or we will be focked [intentionally misspelled in case children are reading this]. Fortunately, my current NYS Senator is solid.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:41:39 PM EDT

Unfortunately Bloombutt would like to see all legal gun owner's in prison and illegals having the right to vote for him.

This is the truest statement I have read.....Amazing where priorities lie when you become the minority
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:14:02 AM EDT

All Democrats can do is raise taxes and screw up the Second.

All Republicans can do is spend money and pat the rich on the back.

If you want gun rights for Law Abiding Citizens, and less taxes, (so you can buy more ammo ), then vote Liberatarian. How much worse could they be? Dummycrats and Retardlican only screw things up anyway, and have for MANY MANY YEARS.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:38:18 PM EDT
Unfortunately voting for a third party candidate that has no chance of winning the election doesn't accomplish anything. If you normally vote Republican and vote for a third party candidate you are helping to elect the Democratic candidate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
I'm Independent and that helps no one also. The real answer here again is WHO DO YOU VOTE FOR. DEM or REP they all are a POS. That is why we need real reform. We need an ANTI Revolution to the revolution taking place now.

I wish there was a way to overthrow this Government with out violence and put things on a proper course.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:30:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 8:32:09 AM EDT by P400]

Originally Posted By edpmedic:
I wish there was a way to overthrow this Government with out violence...

Does this count?

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/actors/arnold-schwarzenegger/front080703.gif
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:31:39 AM EDT
If you are not registered with a party affiliation you can not vote in a primary election and as a result have no choice in selecting a candidate to run for that office.
Top Top