Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:00:00 PM EDT
I have a guy telling me its OK to ship him preban high cap mags in to New York. I went to the ATFs web site but still am up in the air about it.
It would be 20 and 30 round AR mags that are preban is it OK?

Thanks guys

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure New York, but if they are the same as new jersey then "NO" because the State has a ban against Hi-Cap magazines not the Feds. So, I would be careful shipping to New York.  I could be wrong about New York law.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Affirmative. So long as the mags were manufactured before 9-13-94, they can be shipped to NY. ATF Website would be devoid of information because the ban we have in place is imposed by the state. The NY State ban is an exact copy of the federal assault weapons ban with the singular difference being that our's has no sunset.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
do you have any links that would show it ok to ship mags in to New York. Atfs web site has each states laws broke down

www.atf.gov/firearms/statelaws/26thedition/index.htm

Thanks for all the info
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
do you have any links that would show it ok to ship mags in to New York. Atfs web site has each states laws broke down

www.atf.gov/firearms/statelaws/26thedition/index.htm

Thanks for all the info

www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=24

bottom of page #23 might help you

prebans are fine to ship to NY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top