Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 4:49:42 AM EDT
I think they have two left + the display unit.

24 gun Sentry

/ml/Drew
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
External hinges??? WTF?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#2]
it looks like it latches on both sides of the door, so external hinges shouldnt be a problem, they just look like one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it looks like it latches on both sides of the door, so external hinges shouldnt be a problem, they just look like one.

This is true. Lots of high quality safes have external hinges to allow the door to open wider.  External hinges will allow the door to open 180* as opposed to internal hinges which will only let you open the door 90*.  Most safes latch on both sides, so it doesn't matter where the hinges are. You can't break into these safes by simply removing the hinges.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This is true. Lots of high quality safes have external hinges to allow the door to open wider.  External hinges will allow the door to open 180* as opposed to internal hinges which will only let you open the door 90*.  Most safes latch on both sides, so it doesn't matter where the hinges are. You can't break into these safes by simply removing the hinges.

Also, external hinges allow for more interior space in a space, all else remaining constant.

+1. This safe has eight bolts. Three on each vertical side, one on the top, one on the bottom. Five of the bolts are "live" - activating the correct code allows use of the front handle to engage or disengage these bolts. The other three bolts are fixed; these are the bolts on the "hinge" side of the safe.

I bought this model back in Dec (for a whole lot more), and I am satisfied with it. I've been warned that all some smash and grabber has to do is damage the electronic lock keypad to make the safe un-openable. I've been warned that these electronic locks go bad.

Regards,
ml/2150

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
My AMSEC has internal hinges and the door opens 180 degrees.  And the door weighs about 800 pounds too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think you will fit 24 Assault type weapons in their. You will if they are hunting rifles without scopes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't think you will fit 24 Assault type weapons in their. You will if they are hunting rifles without scopes.

True, but I fit

24 handguns (in factory cases), two AR's with carry handles, one Storm CX 4 (with red dot), two  10/22's (one scoped), a shotgun;
3k of 9mm, 1k of 357sig/40S.W., 1k of 45ACP, a bunch of 22LR and bunch of papers in mine.

...plus a couple of revolvers and 22LR handguns hanging off the door.

/ml2150/Drew
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Well then you got a good deal on the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top