Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:58:07 AM EDT

Thought it was worth passing on that I had an encouraging discussion with Allison at Assemblyman Peter Barnes's office yesterday. After I voiced my opposition to bills A812 and A2185, she told me that those bills don't look like they are going anywhere soon. She said there has been a substantial amount of opposition voiced from others as well, and that they were on no agenda in the near future.

Goes to show we can make a difference, but we still need alot more help.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:20:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 3:19:55 PM EDT by LUGERMAN]
Very good news. If we keep the pressure up we can win. I sent out 7 letters and have yet to receive one reply.

Edit to add I got a respone from Assemblyman Nelson Albano. "Your thoughtful concerns about this bill, which has been feferred too the Law & Public Safety Comittee, are shared by a number of gun owners and we assure you that, because Assemblyman Albano is vise chairman of the committee, the reasons you oppose the legislation will be given serious consideration"
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:40:23 AM EDT
Woohoo!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:29:31 PM EDT
WOW This must be a first. I don't recall ever seeing the words "GOOD" "NEWS" "N.J" "GUN BILLS" together in one post on this board, or any pro 2nd ammendment board for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 4:46:31 PM EDT by mirror]
Yeah this is great. I never did trust politicans, but knowing they hear the voting masses makes all the difference.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:55:48 PM EDT
I got a letter from my two Assemblymen (both NRA A ratings) indicating favorable response also.

I'm glad the NJ voters got noisy and hope we can mount an even noisier effort next time.

CCW, anyone?

No war I've ever researched was won defensively, gotta mount an offense. Even the Spartans in the Molon Labe story got creamed eventually.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:10:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 5thCavGuy:
CCW, anyone?.

I'll have some of what he's having.
Top Top