Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:51:47 PM EDT
OK, who's going?  It's next weekend (March 10, 11 & 12)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
 I would like to go, but how do they treat NJ buyers in PA today?  Do the sellers expect the buyer to know and be responsible for their own laws?  Can I even buy an NJ legal AR at a PA show these days?  And, (not to ask too many questions) what about crossing back over the bridge?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can I even buy an NJ legal AR at a PA show these days?  And, (not to ask too many questions) what about crossing back over the bridge?

Question 1: My personal answer is "I dunno"
Question 2: You'll have to steel yourself and resist the urge to open your windows on the bridge and pitch your purchases out into the filthy waters of the Delaware River.

Remember, it's for the children
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there on the 11th. Going to try and get up there when they open up in the morning.

From what I have heard you can buy a rifle up there but it is hit or miss. Some dealers will others won't. For the record I have never tried too, just bought ammo and stuff. If you do find a dealer that will sell you one, you will need to bring a NJ Certificate of Eligibility and have both you and the dealer fill it out too make the transaction legal in jersey.

If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Iam going Sat.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
you can buy rifles across the bridge
just mkae sure its in NJ legal configuration
or you will be bubbas roomate
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know which day I'll be going, probably both, but I'll definitely be going.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there as I haven't missed one going back 15 years.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:36:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be in VA attending a 3 day pistol & carbine class while you guys shop for more junk to attach to your toys.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll be in VA attending a 3 day pistol & carbine class while you guys shop for more junk to attach to your toys.

Damn, nice reason to miss a gunshow .

I'll be attending either the 11th or 12th, not sure which.  Hell, I've bought both rifles and pistols at gunshows and haven't had any problems.  Just always remember it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that whatever you purchase is NJ legal.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I may go on Saturday.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Any problems with NYers buying or selling in PA?
Thinking about walking around with something and want to know.

Thanks
Jim
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I have never been to a gunshow and would like to attend this show.  What should I expect?  How many dealers and vendors attend?  Can ammo be purchased cheaper here than at retail (I am not interested in reloads).  Are the guns for sale high quality or just used crap that cannot be sold elsewhere?   How much time should I plan on spending at the show?  Is this a one hour thing or is it easy to spend the entire day?  Finally, I have a friend who has been looking for a highend shotgun (English Best Gun).  Any chance that a dealer or vendor would carry this type of gun?

Thanks.
Ken
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
To buy or sell a rifle or shotgun, you will have to do the transfer through a PA FFL.  To buy a handgun, it would have to be shipped to a NY FFL.  

That sounds right, probably the same for here in NJ as well.  As I remember, though, gun shows were places where many sellers had little regard for the rules.  But, that may have changed in the last 10 years since I've been to one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have never been to a gunshow and would like to attend this show.  What should I expect?  How many dealers and vendors attend?  Can ammo be purchased cheaper here than at retail (I am not interested in reloads).  Are the guns for sale high quality or just used crap that cannot be sold elsewhere?   How much time should I plan on spending at the show?  Is this a one hour thing or is it easy to spend the entire day?  Finally, I have a friend who has been looking for a highend shotgun (English Best Gun).  Any chance that a dealer or vendor would carry this type of gun?

Thanks.
Ken

It's a fairly large show. Expect to spend 3 hours at least. Yes there are some good deals on ammo and firearms. You never can tell what will show up. There is something there for usually everyone.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like I should plan on spending a few good hours at the show.  Wife and kids will be away that weekend so I can take my time and browse.

Is there any advantage to attending Sat or Sun?  I would assume Sat would be better since there should be more inventory.

Ken
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Im off on friday March 10th. I need some shooting ammo. Im probably going to make the trip. Its almost a 2hr ride but its worth it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I am going to go just looking to see who else from LI and NY area is going
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope to be there Sat.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#21]
NJ residents can buy long guns at PA gun shows and it is legal as far as I know as long as the gun does not violate NJ assualt weapons laws.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like Sat is the day I can go...Let me know if anyone wants to hitch a ride.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be there on Saturday.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I've even seen some dealers with signs saying that their rifles (e.g. Yugo SKS) are NJ legal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#26]
i'll be there sunday hope to stock up on some ammo
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I am looking for powder and mags myself..Hope they have some deals and not the retail price stuff.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like Ill be there on saturday, although later in the day. How late is the show open on saturday?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#29]
i think they said on the radio until 5pm  4pm on sunday
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
OK who is going from Long Island Suffolk or NYC......Does anyone want to get together and go?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#31]
1.  Will I be able to purchase a Glock 18 magazine (33 rounds) at this show?

2.  If so, can a NJ resident purchase this item at the show?

3.  If so, can I only use the item in PA when I visit the shooting range?

Also, are the prices for accessories at this show (magazines, name brand ammo, etc) retail or discounted?

Ken
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Also, are the prices for accessories at this show (magazines, name brand ammo, etc) retail or discounted?

Ken

You can buy any accessories that are legal to own in PA. There is no background check or ID to buy a magazine. That being said, the magazine that you are interested in is not legal to have in NJ. As per a recent announcement by the state police, blocked mags are no longer OK in NJ. So your option would be to buy it and leave it in PA with a trusted person or similar situation, or dont buy it. Basically, if you get caught with it in NJ, you will be in trouble. Plenty of guys buy things that we cant legally have in NJ, and leave them out of state.  There is no law against that.  Its nice that my mother-in-law who lives in PA is good for something.
  As for the prices, they can range quite a bit. Shop around, but if you see something for a good price, get it. Of course, if you buy it , you will find one just like it for cheaper later in the show. If you dont buy it, you will find others for more, then when you go back  to the first one, it will be allready sold. I dont know the physics behind it, but it almost always seems to happen. Go figure
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ken

You can buy any accessories that are legal to own in PA. There is no background check or ID to buy a magazine. That being said, the magazine that you are interested in is not legal to have in NJ. As per a recent announcement by the state police, blocked mags are no longer OK in NJ. So your option would be to buy it and leave it in PA with a trusted person or similar situation, or dont buy it. Basically, if you get caught with it in NJ, you will be in trouble. Plenty of guys buy things that we cant legally have in NJ, and leave them out of state.  There is no law against that.  Its nice that my mother-in-law who lives in PA is good for something.
  As for the prices, they can range quite a bit. Shop around, but if you see something for a good price, get it. Of course, if you buy it , you will find one just like it for cheaper later in the show. If you dont buy it, you will find others for more, then when you go back  to the first one, it will be allready sold. I dont know the physics behind it, but it almost always seems to happen. Go figure

It's known as Murphy's Second Law of Reality
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#34]
guys from Suffolk  LI,   how many miles/hours is it aprox.  ?

Joezeta
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#35]
It's about 1 hr 40 mins from Manhattan.  Add your time from Suffolk to that number and that's it.  You can save some mileage by going over the Verrazano to New Jersey but not a lot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#36]
do we have a head count?
maybe can I ride along with any one?
Im not sure about saturday cos Im partying all day
Sunday is more like it

Lets get a list going
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll probably be there saturday.  I'll be wearing my arfcom Team Texas shirt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
do we have a head count?
Sunday is more like it

Lets get a list going

Where the hell are your priorities son
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
do we have a head count?
Sunday is more like it

Lets get a list going

Unless there is pie there how can we balme him.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
OK who is going from Long Island Suffolk or NYC......Does anyone want to get together and go?

I would like to go Saturday.
Im in Northeast NJ by the GWB/FortLee
LMK if your going
I would be interested in following or driving someone

GF
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#41]
st pattys day parade in seaside
its one gigantic partyfest
lotsa drunk girls
hee hee hee
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
do we have a head count?
Sunday is more like it

Lets get a list going

Unless there is pie there how can we balme him.  

Hell I'm married..........guess I forgot what it's like to chase, thankfully
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Well it figures make plans and some how get screwed...Looks like I am going on Sunday instead.

Wasn't the first day today?

If anyone went did they have any thing good and CHEAP there.

If someone goews tomorrow...Give a report PLEASE
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Ok, plans have changed, I probably won't make it today and I hope I'll be able to make it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#46]
For those that have made it back from the show already - was there any 5.45x39 available? If so, what was the price. Since I dont have any needs at the moment, but a whole bunch of wants, I am trying my hardest to stay away from that wallet vaccuum of a show. Sooo tempted
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Ask Lugerman.
We discussed some 5.45x39, he said it was a bit more expensive than at the Dec show.  
There are a LOT of nice SKSs and Nagants (91/30 and M38).  
Quite a few Garands, $700 and up, mostly.  
Pay particular attention to the PA militia-types (airsofters) and their booth, they are good for a laugh or two.  
I saw an Eddystone 1917 for about $550 that didn't look too bad.
Lots of Russians/Eastern Europeans milling about; One vendor has a sign stating, basically that if you didn't speak English, you weren't buying from them.  

One gangbanger commented that the (only) AR-50 could shoot a plane down.

This is the place to buy cheap knives, tazers, and airsoft!!

Two Augs for sale $4100 and $4000 each.

A PS90 went for 2K

All in all, it was nice to visit a free state, not too many good buys this time, though.

B_S
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Any 7.62x39 available at the show and how much?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#49]
I noticed some 7.62x39 there, but because I wasn't looking for any, I cannot recall the prices.

As posted above, Lugerman will probably know more than I would.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

B_S
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#50]
There was plenty of 7.62x39. Prices in the $130.00 per 1k range. One table had 5.45 @ $150.00 per 1k. I bought a case of each. As I was leaving(4:30) One case of 5.45 was left.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top