Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 1:30:25 PM EDT
Can I obtain a purchase document from the PD before knowing what I want to purchase?  Not sure If I have this right, but here's how I understand the required steps.  1. Figure out what I want and who i'm buying from. IE get the model, SN, and dealer name.  2. Bring that info to the Mineola PD  3. Purchase the purchase doc.  4. Bring the purchase doc back to the dealer.  5 Purchase the pistol. 6. Return to the PD with bill of sale, pistol, and purchase doc.  Will the PD sell a blank purchase doc?  Impulse buying does not seem like an option.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought blank purchase documents in Mineola.  They usually just remind you that it expires on 31 December so that you don't waste the ten bucks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have bought blank purchase documents in Mineola.  They usually just remind you that it expires on 31 December so that you don't waste the ten bucks.

Thanks that's good to know.  Their handbook must be outdated.  It states "To obtain a purchase document , the make, model, serial number, barrel length, and color of the firearm to be purchased, along with the dealership or present owner's name, address, and pistol license number MUST be furnished"
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
They SELL you purchase coupons in Nassau County? I don't think the state legislature authorized that.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
One must first purchase for ten smackers a  purchase document from Nassau County Police in order to pick up the pistol.  The gun shop fills out the details and within ten days you must return with
1.  the new gun,
2.  the purchase document and
3.  bill of sale if applicable (none on a transfer from another ffl I found) and
4.  your pistol license, unlaminated and in a size larger than a credit card of course,
5.  with a smile on your face.
All 5 and don't dare step across the g. d. white line next to the effing stop sign, lol.

When I had a WWII 'souvenir' "investigated" and then added to my license, I did not need a purchase document but it was "that'll be ten bucks" just to 'amend' the license.

If it weren't for all the wonderful amenities that Nassau County provides (read: sarcasm) I would
have been out of here long ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top