Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:04:32 AM EDT
hi, I'm new to this board, though I've been lurking for a while.

I have a possibly stupid question... here goes.

if i replace the follower and floorplate in a preban ak mag for 922r purposes, is it still a preban mag?
hx
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum! Yes, it is still a preban mag if you replace the follower and floor plate.  Also, keep in mind ALL imported AK mags are preban.  The only AK mags that aren't preban are US made plastic mags and some steel mags that are welded together by US companies, like odd capacities such as 55 rd mags.  All of the normal capacity(20, 30, 40 rd) steel mags are preban. Welding two preban mags together creates a postban mag.  All US made mags, including the welded ones, suck anyway and you wouldn't want them if they were legal.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks... thats a relief, i really didnt want to replace my nice romy bakelite grip with some plastic  POS grip that would never match
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top