Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 7:29:18 AM EDT
I'm heading down to Hyde Park/Poughkeepsie NY this weekend for a couple of short classes at the cia. Can anyone recommend a couple of good gun shops in the area?? I may have some time to kill so why not buy something hk
Edit found: Collector Rifle and Ammo Rt. 82  Hopewell Junction
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Small place, but right nearby. Gun Depot. Right on Route 44 in Pleasant Valley, I think it's the closest shop to where you're going to be.
I've bought a couple of things from them and have gotten good prices and service.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I strongly recommend Collector's, especially if you're just browsing. Pretty big selection.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Small place, but right nearby. Gun Depot. Right on Route 44 in Pleasant Valley, I think it's the closest shop to where you're going to be.
I've bought a couple of things from them and have gotten good prices and service.

Mike

+1 for Gun Depot    Very good to deal with.  Last time I was there I bought a holster,  they gave me a cup of coffee and some leather conditioner and let me hang out and shoot the shit with them!  Good guys!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun Depot has that at home feeling.  Collectors is closer to my house, plus they have more black rifles.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
also on 44 is quattros,  its out near the taconic.  small shop.  

Collector is good, a little far from CIA.  TIP:  stay off rt 9!!  take spakenkill rd to 376.  or if your going to stop at quattros  hop on taconic and go down to rt 82.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
i got my nib mak90 from collectors....not bad to deal with....kinda cramped but they have ok prices on wolf
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Live here, so I've been to all of them several times. Quattro's, nicest guys and willing to order or help you out with anything, they're primarily hunting gear and rifles. Collectors, they have the most "tactical equipment" some of it's junky, they son rub's me the wrong way, and they would not haggle with me at all on the purchase of a socom 16.....Not even a dollar.... They will kiss your ass if your LEO, every time i saw an LEO guy in there they were best friends, even if they didn't know the guy....Gun Depot guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the wall in my opinion... I was going to bring my preban lower in through this guy and he literally started sweating and stammering! Would "only" do it if colt sent him a letter....a phone call would not suffice! Went down the road to quattros paid more money and left satisfied! I primarily use quattros, out of sheer stubborness i won't patronize the other two. I'm quite sure they're not missing my business anyways.......
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
can u give me diretions to quattro from the newburgh beacon bridge??i'm always up to checking new shops in the area
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info guys, wish me luck hehe. Hopefully I'll be bringing back a new toy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top