Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 5:48:37 PM EDT
Looking for someplace to get a lower anodized in the plattsburg area
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Did a quick search for you on Google  - A place in Plattsburg called "Plattsburgh Paintball" says they do custom "anodizing" - however couldnt find a phone # or address.

Word of caution though, if anyone (besides yourself of course) is working on your lower they should have an FFL, I know this is true with "gunsmithing" on a lower, so "refinishing" it might fall under the same category.  Perhaps  check with the gunshops out that way to see if they have any leads.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
from the atf faq:

Is a license needed to engage in the business of engraving, customizing, refinishing or repairing firearms? [Back]

Yes. A person conducting such activities as a business is considered to be a gunsmith within the definition of a dealer. [27 CFR 178.11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
A FFL is not needed because i plan on handcarrying the lower there and watching the work being preformed.  That way there is no transfer of ownership.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I would recommend sending your lower out to a place with experience in anodizing M16s.  It has to be done very carefully to preserve the correct dimensions of the pin specs.

Take a look at this thread for some more info.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#5]
You need to strip the old anodize off ( This needs to be done by the plateing people also) before you can anodize it. You should also polish things a bit after it is stripped.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I "Second It" to send it down to Victor at US Anodizing. They are great people to work with. Turn around time is +/- a week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top