Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 2:14:18 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster Lower Serial #001238..per Bushmaster's website it'sa preban...NOW Bushmaster says it was MFG'd as a lower on 9-7-94 5 days BEFORE the Ban...

Does the fact that it was mfg'd as a preban lower as opposed to a complete rifle make it illigal to own as a preban in NY?

It has to be verified as a complete rifle?

Thanks  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct. It has to have been a complete rifle assembled before the ban. Not necessarily by Bushmaster, but a complete rifle nonetheless. And if I remember correctly, it had to have had the evil features also.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Correct. It has to have been a complete rifle assembled before the ban. Not necessarily by Bushmaster, but a complete rifle nonetheless. And if I remember correctly, it had to have had the evil features also.

Niiiiiiice!!! you would think that someone that lives in your great state would look into things before making a purchase...thanks for the clarity!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
So is NY the only AWB state with this stipulation?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Q. - I still have my pre-ban AR-15 and the documents that prove I bought it in 1992. I live in Virginia.

I don't need to sell it, but if it would help out a NY gun owner & piss off Hilary, I'd be willing to trade my lower or sell it (stripped except for the triggergaurd & bolt hold open) to help out. Its a 1992 Olympic Arms lower.

Not sure if this can still be done. but if so & if you have an FFL in NY willing to receive it, please post  a reply here (please no IM; they are not very reliable for me).
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Check your Email
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Let me know if it falls through.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Check your Email

SPF to first person to respond: goodorbit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Call Bushmaster and they will send you a letter stating if it was a Pre-Ban complete rifle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
man, I'm always a day late!!

I'll be 2nd on the list if it doesn't work out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top