Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:01:47 AM EDT
I am trying to buy a lower from out side of NY. So here is what I have to do right?

1. Buy the lower from the guy.
2. Have my dealer mail him a copy of his FFL
3. He gets the FFL and mails it to my dealer
4. I then go there and buy said lower

Does anyone in NY want to part with a lower in the rochester area. I will give you enough money to replace it if you wish. Most people charge 40 - 60 for a transfer except for the people that are only open from the time I start work to the time I finish work. Dealers in Rochester are invited to email me so long as I dont have to wait 4 weeks to get a 300.00 part.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:25:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
Step #2 is not required unless it is being transferred from an out-of-state dealer. In fact many dealers will not send a copy of their FFL to a non-dealer. There are also dealers who will not except a firearm form a non-dealer. The FFL is also permitted to fax his license to another dealer.

You need to work this all out prior to having a firearm shipped to a FFL so there are no surprises when it gets there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:51:03 PM EDT
Which is another great reason to buy local.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:27:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:07:21 PM EDT
egg? Last show I was at was in Clarence, Where is the next show around Buffalo rochester area?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:56:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Maxwell71:
egg? Last show I was at was in Clarence, Where is the next show around Buffalo rochester area?

The "Egg" is in Albany...Aimless has little sense of direction.
Keep watching this board: eventually someone will post the next show in your area, that and there has to be a dealer or two in your area that'll recieve for you without charging more than you paid for the reciever. The going rate is $25. per transfer, check ahead of time and see if the FFL will do it per 4473: IF he will, go ahead and order three recievers, get the discount/free shipping then put 'em in the safe...you will end up using them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:08:58 PM EDT
Buffalo Gun Center has a couple of lowers in stock.Bushmaster I think, can't remember how much ...but give them a call if it's in your price range it's worth the drive. call information for the # it is located in cheektowaga on Harlem rd.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 8:54:01 PM EDT by sharky30]
since my phone book is out from earlier today when I looked up a number

Buffalo Gun Center: 3385 Harlem Road (about a block north of the 33 if memory serves) 716-833-2581

I've only been there once. some of the stuff seemed to have a decnet price, but other stuff was more than a bit overpriced
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:42:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:51 AM EDT
over 300.00 for a stripped. I would like one but I would rather not have to put that much into it. Looks like my upper will remain lonely till April. I found a great gut who will do a transfer for me. Part time at his home thing so I can pick it up after work. he prefers nights since he does this part time. He is looking at getting me an LMT 2000 so if the prices are good I will get a couple of them for future builds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:05:34 AM EDT
Look up Mike Hammond at either the Syracuse or the Rochester show, he usually has a few srtipped lowers on his table....I don't recall the prices, but I know they are pretty good....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:10:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 9:10:46 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:54:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:
Look up Mike Hammond at either the Syracuse or the Rochester show, he usually has a few srtipped lowers on his table....I don't recall the prices, but I know they are pretty good....

Does Hammond have a store?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:59:44 AM EDT
lol looks like I am not the only one looking for lowers to just go and pick up. When I find them you better beat me, I will buy 10 of them and make a pillow out of them. May not sleep to well with them under my head but I will never have to look for one again. I will sell one to you for 500.00 and 6 signed papers stateing you will not make a weapon out of one that has a folding stock. God knows that with one of those you can rule the world or rob a bank.
Kidding of course, but I will buy a few of them. If I ever find someone that sells them in this are I will shout from the roof tops
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:24:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:21:44 PM EDT
I find a local FFL to work with. I might put his FFL copy in the same envelope as the MO for payment of the receiver. OR I have him send a copy of his FFL with a notation on it that states it's OK for me to place an order to be shipped to him. I have paid for the firearm and only owe the transfer fee when I pick it up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:04:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:

lol looks like I am not the only one looking for lowers to just go and pick up.

I've bought, I think, over 10 stripped lowers off the net over the past couple of years, honestly it's a piece of cake.

Wanna sell one :)
Was looking for something a bit more speedy but will buy an LMT 2000 from the dealer on here
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:38:24 PM EDT

lol looks like I am not the only one looking for lowers to just go and pick up.

I dont get it dude...

Actually i'm wondering if you can't pass the background check.

I gave you a FFL dealer close enough...

He charges $25 for transfers...

I told you where to get MEGA (or other) lowers dirt cheap... from $99 shipped.

Takes a total of 3 days for the priority mail to arrive...

(in my case it was only two)

And the FFL dealer, as I also mentioned, is already on file with the supplier.

Whats the problem?
If you can't pass a background check, and are trying to do a face to face private sale to avoid it... you're risking somebody else's freedom
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:42:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 2:57:14 AM EDT by Maxwell71]
Had nothing to do with a back ground check but thanks. Wanted it this weekend. (you know, real fast) and if someone had one for sale in this area I would of bought it this weekend. I even thought about buying a bushmaster from a dealer just to have a lower for the upper I bought. If you are refering to the guy in Penfield, he is open from the hours I work. (I have a job) and would make it impossable for me to pick it up. I found a dealer this weekend that would be willing to do the transfer for me if you read all my posts he is available at night only (He has a job too) and does it part time for extra cash. This is my first time doing a transfer from out of state and I want to thank you for the judgement.
I now will buy from a dealer that will ship to another in which after work I will be able to pick it up.
Again, I was just in a hurry. Weekend is over so no longer in a hurry.
Also, if you read my other posts I am looking for a pre ban as well. Why would I care if I couldn't pass a simple background check?
I find that insulting considering what my background is. Before you jump the gun and judge, reall all the posts more clearly including where I went and called for a lower. Buffalo wanted 300 for a stripped lower (yes, he is a dealer) Called East Rochester, Pro gun shop etc. Wanted one from another person but out of state and didnt want to wait.
Have a great day your Honour
Top Top