Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:07:04 PM EDT
do you have to be a Pennsylvania resident with PA license to buy Ammo from the walmart?
I live in Jersey, can I buy AMMO in PA?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
sure why not??
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Because I was told from a friend that lives in Jersey that travels to PA...that he "thinks" that you need to be a PA resident...I just wanted some clarity....

If it is possible then the walmart's in PA sell win white box 45acp 230gr fmj  in 100 rd boxes for $20
and I will need to pick a few boxes up
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
They will ask you if its for a rifle or handgun. Under federal law you must be 21 or over to purchase handgun ammo and 18 to purchase rifle/shotgun ammo. They may also ask you for a DL to verify your age.

My local Wal*Mart does carry 100/FMJ/230 .45 for $19.97. I'm not in PA though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks....I wish NJ walmart's sold it....they arn't even allowed to sell Ammo...so I have to drive to PA about an hour ride and buy 4 or 5 boxes at a time...I'll be there on Sat. morning!!!

Thanks to all that replied...

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope. You do NOT need to be a PA resident to buy ammo in PA. I do it all the time. I also rarely get asked if its for rifle or pistol, and when I do get asked, I always say rifle. Good luck, and ask about the value-packs of loose ammo. They are a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
do you have to be a Pennsylvania resident with PA license to buy Ammo from the walmart?

no.

Quoted:
I live in Jersey, can I buy AMMO in PA?

yes.

i buy ammo in PA all the time.
walmart and various gunshops, they both are usefull in converting pieces of green paper into ammo.

as noted above, if you look a bit young they may ask you for ID for age only.  has nothing to do with whether you are an out-of-stater.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thanks....I wish NJ walmart's sold it....they arn't even allowed to sell Ammo...so I have to drive to PA about an hour ride and buy 4 or 5 boxes at a time...I'll be there on Sat. morning!!!
Thanks to all that replied...

if you are driving 60 minutes, i'll assume that's highway miles and therefore about 60 miles.  120 miles round trip.  your truck gets what, 17MPG?  gas is $2.35/gal.  so it costs you $17.00 to go pick up 4 or 5 boxes of .45 ACP ammo?

do you know about this new Internet thing and the ability to buy stuff using your mouse?  
soon after you do, a brown or white truck shows up with a guy cursing loudly about the weight of the box he's carrying.  
very cool way to get ammo.
sometimes you can score free delivery too.

or you could drive on down to NJ's ammoman.com, load up on all you want, and get a nice discount as well for picking it up.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
i have definatly looked online ...but i have not found anywhere online win white box 100 rds for $20 if u know of any sites please by all means let me in on it.....that would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Ill throw my 2 cents in. I buy almost all of my ammo from georgia arms. They have 500 rounds of  230 grain 45 acp in an ammo can for $85. If you are on the East Coast, UPS Shipping is very reasonable (under $15) and i have had absolutely ZERO Problems with their ammo. They make a great product and it is highly suggested by many budget minded shooters. The only other place that i buy 45 and 223 ammo is from Dicks and that is only when they have a sale. Try Georgia Arms out, You wont be dissapointed.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:34:28 AM EDT
[#10]
In addition, Sportsmans Guide,  Midway, and Natchez all have met the ten dollars a box for .45 or less limit that I also self-impose.  I always have a ten dollars off a  hundred coupon for SG, and not having to pay Pataxi's sales tax usually makes up for the rest of the shipping cost.  Let your fingers do the driving.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Because I was told from a friend that lives in Jersey that travels to PA...that he "thinks" that you need to be a PA resident...I just wanted some clarity....

Well, that's a tough data set to argue with, but I heard about a guy whose friend that lives in Jersey told him that he "thinks" he's seen me buy ammo at PA Wal-Marts pretty often.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:27:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i have definatly looked online ...but i have not found anywhere online win white box 100 rds for $20 if u know of any sites please by all means let me in on it.....that would be greatly appreciated

One word, RELOAD!!! I can reload my .45 brass for $5.50 a box of lead and $6.00 a box for 230gr. FMJ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top