Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:04:51 PM EDT
24 just went off and the preview off the 10pm news said they would have this story.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you give us the story when it is done? maybe a link to the story if they host it on the site?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The news reporter wondered in the open front gate, "with my camera man covering my back",
no one in the guard shack, took ten minutes for someone to find him.
He had a hidden mike and video, first one then two guys talked to the reporter not knowing
who he was. Place seemed deserted. The guy who calls himself the Mayor talked very freely to
the reporter. Basically said that they were American born citizens who converted to Islam
in the late '70s and moved out there to get away from the crime and violence of the city and
raise families. Look like middle age black men from Brooklyn. They didn't sound any more
crazy than the average joe until he started with how it's all a Jewish conspiracy. Talked about how
those websites were from the 'kosher boys'. Says how the Feds have been watching them for a
while and have been in contact. Town police Chief says he has no problems with them and they
are very quiet when in town, but hardly ever sees them. Neighbor seems not to have any love loss
for them but doesn't have any particular problem with them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<SNIP>
'kosher boys'.
<SNIP>

Uh these guys got the same ole muslim rap, "the jews did it".

Really f*cking boring.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can you give us the story when it is done? maybe a link to the story if they host it on the site?

Can't seem to find it on the Fox5 site, plenty of other lead stories but this one isn't up yet.
It was like the seventh story of the broadcast or even lower, but it was three to four minutes
of airtime.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't seem to find it on the Fox5 site, plenty of other lead stories but this one isn't up yet.
It was like the seventh story of the broadcast or even lower, but it was three to four minutes
of airtime.

I looked too but found zip.

That's ok, the intel on the 4 pages we have here is enough and probably more truthful anyways.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Place looked empty except for the two guys there. The buildings were really in bad shape...and that school bus all messed up. MAybe it is just a front and the real stuff is back in the woods. All I know it didn't look like no terror training camp to me. Let alone a place I would want to bring my family to get out of the city....Also they were Americans.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:40:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw it last night as well.  EDPMedic and Lloyd summed it up.  My only question was what they did for income but I suppose the two interviewed could be on city pensions already.  One neighbor (in hunting camo, lol) was interviewed and did say that he saw 40 of them running in camo doing physical training just before 9-11, has or had heard occasional gunfire, but otherwise said they have never been a problem.  I doubt the major networks will carry the "story," especially with the nonsense going on right now about port security.  This will definitely take the back burner.  From what I saw last night, I think the pot belongs in the sink.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of you interested in this topic check out the following link:

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2005/10/jamaat-ul-fuqra-in-virginia-part-1.html

I believe that Fox 5's "investigative" report is at least partially based on the above blog that has been making the rounds. I came across it last week, and was a bit surprised that the news even covered it. Take from the blog what you will. But in light of today's indictment of the 3 Ohio men, and the "Buffalo 6" and "Portland 7" in 2002, I certainly think that it's worth taking at a look at.

At the very least the blog makes for an interesting read.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Place looked empty except for the two guys there. The buildings were really in bad shape...and that school bus all messed up. MAybe it is just a front and the real stuff is back in the woods. All I know it didn't look like no terror training camp to me. Let alone a place I would want to bring my family to get out of the city....Also they were Americans.

Except one of the guys admitted he was up there  evading taxes or something to that effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top