Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 4:18:28 AM EDT
Phobia, one of our LI/NY team is finally getting his dream job and going to work for Kimber. He has been dreaming of this all his life!!
Congrats Jimmy you deserve it!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:31:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Woot Woot Woot!  Three cheers!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I'm pretty pyched.  I'm starting off in customer service and the custom shop, mainly talking to people about firearms all day(they pay people to do that?).
I start Tuesday morning and will have to study 1911s and become well versed in them.   That way, when you guys call me up to complain about a scratch on the inside of your slide after you shot it, I can tell you that it is a metal part that rubs against other metal parts, lol.

I have a feeling that I won't be able to give guided tours for awhile and won't be able to set up any group buys, but I will do my best to try as soon as I have time in.

Now to find some field stripping diagrams and get ready for work.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd be in for a Kimber Group Buy .

I don't have a Kimber yet, but I'll call up to Customer Service and pretend that I do so that you have plenty of practice .
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, I'm pretty pyched.  I'm starting off in customer service and the custom shop, mainly talking to people about firearms all day(they pay people to do that?).

Great! I've been thinking of sending a compact in for some front strap checkering and a couple other little items soon. Will you be the contact guy?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on the dream job  

Discounted Warriors for all the NY crew - yahoo  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Now to find some field stripping diagrams and get ready for work.

www.nomeking.com/m1911.htm
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discount?

Kidding, congradulations on a great job.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Best wishes and continued success - enjoy your new career.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Asking what we all want to know --

Can you get us the employee discount?!?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats. I'm happy you found a job in a field you enjoy. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again everyone.  I plan on keeping my mouth shut about any kind of anything from Kimber for at least 6 months, lol.

I will admit that when I found out I got the job I felt very skeptical about the whole thing.  For months or years, for me it seemed like, as Cream put it, "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all".  Hopefully that's all changing, I have a very positive feeling about this and it is waymore interesting then my last job, cosmetic packaging.

Helldog, thanks for the offer, I will definitely take you up it, I will "mistakenly" lock my keys in my car so Mag162 can drive up to Yonkers and break into it  for me.

Again, thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Well how where your first 2 days at work? Whats the shop like? Need locks changed?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Work sucks.  I'm getting a blister on my thumb from racking the slides inspecting all the shipped in pistols.  The Warrior is a pretty nice 1911.  The TLE/RLs are really nice too.
I really have alot to learn though, but I should pick it up pretty quickly, probably a week or two away from dealing with the public though.

Anyway, I'm friggin beat, need to ice my thumb.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Work sucks.  I'm getting a blister on my thumb from racking the slides inspecting all the shipped in pistols.  The Warrior is a pretty nice 1911.  The TLE/RLs are really nice too.
I really have alot to learn though, but I should pick it up pretty quickly, probably a week or two away from dealing with the public though.

Anyway, I'm friggin beat, need to ice my thumb.

Oh, what a hardship!  Feel free to ship some of those 1911s to me for "inspection" .
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats Jimmy, give me a buzz we need to talk about my new kimber  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Congratulations on the new job Phobia, I hope it works out well for you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Congrats Phobia!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I will admit that when I found out I got the job I felt very skeptical about the whole thing.  For months or years, for me it seemed like, as Cream put it, "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all".  Hopefully that's all changing, I have a very positive feeling about this and it is waymore interesting then my last job, cosmetic packaging.

Well, that positive feeling I had was not really that positive.  Actually it was a kidney stone, lol.  I started having a pain in my side Friday morning at work and had to leave at 10.  By the time I got back home I had stopped twice in the Bronx to vomit and screamed at the top of my lungs the entire way.  I actually had to call an ambulance to drive me to the hospital.  At least I didn't leave work due to gas pains.  Hopefully that was the only shoe to drop here.  I can't fuckin believe it.

Respectfully vicodined,
Phobia
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top