Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 1:14:50 PM EDT
who else in NY is POd about all the no banners selling pre-ban stuff at an incredible markup! a complete AR lower in no ban country maybe $200. a pre ban lower to a NYer $400-$600 ? everytime we see a Pre-ban lower for an outragous price... I say we  thank them personally for taking advantage of our situation. there is local gunshops in the buffalo area that sell beat-up preban AR mags for $30 each! I'm sorry I just had to vent after getting boned once again for needing something pre-ban.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm with ya. When the ban ended I was so excited to finally add a collapsing stock to my HK clone then found out our ban is still here. So, I was thinking about selling mine and getting a preban but no &^%$% way. I thought prices would come down eventually but nooooo. I saw some outrageous preban prices at the NY state fair show as well. Having a young daughter and being divorced its not like I can just up and move to a free state, so for a while I guess I just have to deal with our &*&^% up laws.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Since we are in a state that still HAS a ban, to some degree the value IS still there, at least for a NY'er. After all, even though the pool of available pre-94 stuff has widened since most Americans can now dump THEIR stuff in favor of new stuff, ultimately there is a finite number of weapons that will qualify as pre-ban and accessible to NY'ers. At least we aren't like Cali where they can't import any more military pattern weapons at ALL ( yet ).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Look at it this way, you could live in a state where.... the women have no teeth....

Depending on the rest of the package that might be a selling point.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I am sure the gun show this weekend will be the same way. Looking for a Nice AR-15 and thought of going up there and getting raped.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The equipment exchange is your friend motivator...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:30:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Maxwell, I really wouldn't buy an AR at that show - not only are the prices absolutely ridiculous, but the only name-brand part you can count on will be the receiver and the barrel. Lots of home-built AR's being passed off as factory guns.

Those shows are usually good for the beef kerky and some ammo deals. NICS chased away most of the guys with the cheap C&R stuff.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Going there for a scope and a nice stock for an Mini-14 I am dressing up to look like a rambo gun. Want to put it in a glass case with in case of emergency thing on it. Maybe a couple Russian rifles or something, Have a hole in my pocket and there might be one or 2 deals there. How much of a pain is it to have a rifle shipped from another state, Miss having a Colt or "like" weapon. Anyone know someone that doesn't mind dealing with "Black weapons" Kind of getting off topic but will still be at the show :)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look at it this way, you could live in a state where.... the women have no teeth....

Depending on the rest of the package that might be a selling point.

Mmmm  GUM JOB!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#13]
This gouging does suck.  I wish I could just go buy a new carbine off the rack.

As was said the EE is your friend.  Also it pays to have a friend in a non ban state to keep an eye out for prebans.  That's probably the best bet.

As far as people gouging for thier prebans it might also be the "sunk" cost factor.  They paid a lot and are trying to recoup their outlay.  I know first hand, I have a $1400 preban that I bought the week before the ban went into effect.  Anyone want to buy a used preban Colt HBAR for $1450?  

SoS
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How much of a pain is it to have a rifle shipped from another state, Miss having a Colt or "like" weapon. Anyone know someone that doesn't mind dealing with "Black weapons" Kind of getting off topic but will still be at the show :)

You've got a PM about the best FFL dealer in Buffalo.
He's private but you can't beat his prices or his service.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#15]
there is also a fellow arfcommer that is a FFL holder in the buffalo area.he is a great guy, honest as they come, and fair in price. oh by the way... he loves the "black"rifle!  send me an IM if yopu need his contact info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top