Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:16:46 AM EDT
Anyone part of the williamson gun club. i just joined a few mounths ago. just woundering if there would be enough members t go an ar get together since the rifle range it mostly empty always.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:13:02 AM EDT
While I don't belong to the Williamson club, the first thing I "discovered" when I first settled in NY was the abundance of local "Rod & Gun" clubs. I'm not sure about the Rochester area, but way up here there are dozens of small clubs...great if you're a Trap shooter. There are five clubs/ranges each within 10 miles of my house....some buisier than others. Personally I like having the range to myself especially if the kids come along, Lord knows I have enough to watch out for without some jack-ass who may or may not know the range rules getting in my way.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:39:09 AM EDT
I love williamson gun club. i know what you mean about the abundance of clubs. i have 3 within 15 mins of my house. The other 2 allow drinkning a shooting which i dont like. i almost always have the range to my self and a buddy who we go together..
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:49:18 PM EDT
Is Willimson gun club off 104 by the Tops plaza there? I can't think of the cross street.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:03:05 AM EDT
Kinda. its not on that street. You have to head a couple of streets toward sodus. Its off of lake ave. I think you are thinking of ontario gun club.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:19:16 AM EDT
It's north of Mott's.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:02:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wgates011:
Kinda. its not on that street. You have to head a couple of streets toward sodus. Its off of lake ave. I think you are thinking of ontario gun club.

You're right, OGC off of Furnace Rd.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:27:16 AM EDT
Hi! I've been considering Williamson and GCL. I want a CMP program and both seem to have that covered. The problem might be some of my calibers and gear:

50 Beowulf upper (Maybe a 458 SOCOM if a 50 ban ever happens)
50 BMG upper ( I don't think many clubs allow that one)
M1919A4/6 beltfed

Anyone know yea or ney on these? I'll eventually visit the clubs and talk to the officers, but that takes effort.....

Thanks!
Jay
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:45:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TeamDoh:
Hi! I've been considering Williamson and GCL. I want a CMP program and both seem to have that covered. The problem might be some of my calibers and gear:

50 Beowulf upper (Maybe a 458 SOCOM if a 50 ban ever happens)
50 BMG upper ( I don't think many clubs allow that one)
M1919A4/6 beltfed

Anyone know yea or ney on these? I'll eventually visit the clubs and talk to the officers, but that takes effort.....

Thanks!
Jay

I know the 50's are ok at GCL, I am not sure about the 1919. Call this Saturday and ask. Someone will be there to answer that question.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:58:45 PM EDT
50's are not ok at GCL
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:33:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Diggs223:
50's are not ok at GCL

Ok, then show me or point me to where it says 50's are not ok. I have personally shot a 50 there and just 4-5 weeks ago was 4 benches down from a guy shooting a 50.

I don't know where you get your info from but you are dead wrong.

Oh and just for the record I think you were the one that said only one guest per member, wrong, 2 guests per member like I said.

Quit giving bad info.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:41:43 AM EDT
Id some more checking they are ok i was wrong prior i was told of a shooter asked to leave for shooting a 50
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:06:04 PM EDT
yes two guests allowed, i said one guest shoots at a time while member supervises
Top Top