Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty good but I think you need to make the text standout some more against the background.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks pretty good but I think you need to make the text standout some more against the background.

Yeah, I've tried but there isn't much more I can do at that size and keep the silver look.  I'll tinker with it a little more.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I know. I made a few but they all sucked.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Two different avatars with varying brightness:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2476/tomkingavatar45iw.gif
and
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9830/tomkingavatar52fx.gif
I also moved and rotated the rifle so it would be more visible.
What do you think?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome and you got my vote...I also just sent my NYSRPA dues in about 2 weeks ago.....Welcome and best of luck...Anything I can do out on Long Island count me in...I got plenty of time on my hands..I just need guidance has to what needs to be done.
E-mail me at [email protected] anytime or a IM message..will do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:24:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Referred to here from Team.  As an AZ native, I have no clue as to what NYS and NJ allow and do not allow, and that is shameful - as a proud legal gun owner, I have a vested interest in the politics of every state.  Unfortunately it is impossible to know all the laws floating around out there, but if the NRA allocates as many resources as you allude to there must be a great deal of restrictions.

I am an avid supporter of the right to bear arms, the national carry proposal, and class 3 ownership.  Here in AZ, a shall issue state, we take for granted our right to just mosey on out to the desert and blow stuff up with just about any firearm we choose.  Had I an say in the matter, no state would be without that opportunity, and I sincerely hope that Tom contends the same.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish Tom a warm welcome from my neck of the woods (Ut OH, I am dispelling the myth that all the AZHTF guys are assholes ),  I hope your experience here at AR15 is an enjoyable one, and I look forward to having a member of your status here to help keep us aprised of the political climate and the repercussions at the national level.  

Apologies for invading y'alls forum, but I felt a wecome to Tom was in order.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I really appreciate the efforts of everyone in this forum to help with my run for tne NRA BOD.  Even though I'm on vacation I have my lap top and will try to check in when possible.  I OWE YOU GUYS A BIG ONE.

Tom                      
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Welcome and you got my vote...I also just sent my NYSRPA dues in about 2 weeks ago.....Welcome and best of luck...Anything I can do out on Long Island count me in...I got plenty of time on my hands..I just need guidance has to what needs to be done.
E-mail me at [email protected] anytime or a IM message..will do.

Edpmedic,

Thanks for the offer.  The NRA tries to keep this low key so all you can really do is pass the word around by word of mouth or the things you guys are now doing.  Thanks again and let me know if I can do anything for you.

Tom
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Thanks again and let me know if I can do anything for you.

Can you have all the conservative counties of NY annexed by Vermont? That would be much appreciated. Then we can all have grease guns.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#18]

I'm not saying these guys didn't break the law and shouldn't be punished, but there must be more important things for the ATF could be working on than chasing around police officers.

No do not throw them into another State and make them their Headache...Throw them out of the USA and let them start their own Country....FAR AWAY from here
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I really appreciate the efforts of everyone in this forum to help with my run for tne NRA BOD.  Even though I'm on vacation I have my lap top and will try to check in when possible.  I OWE YOU GUYS A BIG ONE.

Tom                      

You're fighting the good fight for us. You owe nothing good sir.

Welcome to the boards
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Tom

Lets call it even after we win back NY and NJ.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I like the bottom one a lot... You can read it and the flag is still clearly the flag.

Is there anything else you need me to do for this to work?
Let me know...
-Thirsty
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Welcome Aboard and Good Luck!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Reminder: If you're eligible to vote the ballot should be in your March NRA magazine. It must be received by April 30th in order to be counted.

NY/NJ Candidates:

Scott Bach

Tom King

Amy Heath

David Boehm
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Stupid question but how and where is the ballot in the March issue?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#26]
my ballot came separate from the magazine
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#27]
The ballot package is after page #39 in the Rifleman mag. It will only be there if you are eligible to vote. There is also a blurb on the front page that says "Vote".
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The ballot package is after page #39 in the Rifleman mag. It will only be there if you are eligible to vote. There is also a blurb on the front page that says "Vote".

What is required for to be eligible to vote?  I'm an EPL member does that mean I can't vote until I'm paid off?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Lifetime and annual members with five or more consecutive years of membership are eligible to vote. You should call the NRA if you think you're eligible and your ballot is not in the mag or you haven't received it in the mail.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Lifetime and annual members with five or more consecutive years of membership are eligible to vote. You should call the NRA if you think you're eligible and your ballot is not in the mag or you haven't received it in the mail.

ahhh,

That explains it.  Don't have five years yet.  Funny thing is it's only 4.

Thanks,
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top