Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:28:46 PM EDT
alot of this and that goin' around about ways to cheat the AWB. first thing I do when I receive a "kit" to do one of my builds is grind off the bayo "ears" that are on the lug. second is to weld the muzzlenut/or muzzle brake in place. third is to change out the gas piston with a US made one. I also make sure that I have the other compliant parts for the build stored right with the kit. by doing it this way I know that I won't forget anything.(or at least hope not) here is a pic of my recent yugo build, note the bayo lug ears are gone, as well as the nut welded. if your building in NY remember it's not just a parts count, you also have to make it legal on the state level.
by the way I actually shot a 10" group at 50 yrds. with this build.(not bad for a yugo)

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:24:52 PM EDT
How did you weld the nut? Is it a tack weld, silver solder, something else?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:23:41 PM EDT
did you build that rifle? where did you order the parts? hows it function? total cost?

I REALLY want a yugo fixed stock
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:41:18 AM EDT
Looks good. What was the condition of the wood from the kit?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:04:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 3:11:38 AM EDT by gunwolf]
I usually silver solder, but this one was Tig welded, yes I built the rifle from a kit I got from another ARFcom member. wood was in GC no carvings just the serial number on the stock. my other M70b1 kit has the carving of a cross with c's around it?serb maybe? I have built a few Romy kits, but this build compares to any Chicom I have ever had. the heavy rec. and smooth action...just wish they had chrome lined barrels.oh I also built it using an 80% blank. oh and the total cost... got the kit in a trade but worth about $89
rec. blank $40
compliant parts $70 most expensive part of the build
cold blueing $30
---------------------------------------------------
= $Priceless

took about 12 hours total working time
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:01:04 AM EDT
looks awesome. where did you get the receiver?

screw the bayonet lug. how many times do you really use the bayo anyway??
i know dudes that wont buy or shoot anything not evily proper. thats just stupid to me.

looks great!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:32 AM EDT
They arent any harder to build than any other AK, especially if you use a 100% receiver. The Yugos have a different front trunion than most AKs, they have these 2 raised parts or buldges, so you have to use a receiver specific to the gun. They are also thicker metal than most receivers. Other thant that , they are fairly standard. I just finished my Yugo build using a NoDakSpud/DCI receiver. They are the same ones that they are using for the Yugo Century underfolders on the market now. They dont have a chrome lined barrel, but if you arent using corrosive ammo, it shouldn t be a problem, unless the barrel is a rusted POS to begin with. Over all , they are well built and solid guns.

nodakspud.com/page2.htm
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:41 AM EDT
looks good to me. nice stuff. im not to worried about the chrome line stuff.
corrosive or non corrosive, properly cleaned -good to go.
i got to do some builds.
id like to do a RPK too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
looks really good bro!!!! :) Do you plan on tricking it out any further, or are you going to leave it basic?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:05:27 PM EDT
this is a basic beater AK that is built like a freaken tank! Ive been working on this one for awhile and when I picked up my SAR the other day it was so light! I am definatly impressed with the Yugo,just wish it had chrome lined barrel
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:48:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunwolf:
this is a basic beater AK that is built like a freaken tank! Ive been working on this one for awhile and when I picked up my SAR the other day it was so light! I am definatly impressed with the Yugo,just wish it had chrome lined barrel

im seriously jealous of you....I want one in the same config.... anyone in NY have an extra 100% complete yugo ak reciever...? i just may pick one of these suckers up
Top Top