Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 4:53:02 PM EDT
Looking for a new bed set and went into a local Rockaway Bedding. The guy seemed much more up front and hoest than in other such bedding stores.

I am looking at Stearns & Foster and maybe King Koil.

They also handle the warranty claims instead of getting the mfg. rep to do it. Much easier and more fair, say's he.

Anyone bought from them and what do you think about your purchase?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
They have had I don't know how many settlements with the AG over deceptive and fraudulent practices.

Try checking with BBB before buying.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
never stepped foot in the place but all i can say is, SELECT COMFORT it is without a doubt the best bed i have ever slept in. (costa plenta), but once you find the right number setting you fall asleep before your head hits the pillow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I used www.memoryfoam.com and made my own version of a tempurpedic. Beautiful, and lasting as well as the 'real' brand. Same machines, same product, just buying the layers to suit my preference and put into a case that doesn't same tempurpedic. Highly reccomended if you like the memory foam.

I was totally unimpressed by the various NY/NJ area mattress resellers. Seems like a lot of people who didn't make it as used car salesmen in most locations, and the markup on a mattress puts most other consumer products to shame.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a brand name mattress from them and took a day off work for delivery. When the day came, they called to say my mattress had not been shipped from the factory, but that they had one of their store brand super-premium mattresses on hand and would substitute even though theirs cost more. Since I could not take another day off, I took the offer and let them make the switch. What a piece of crap that mattress has turned out to be.  But I'm sure if you get what you ordered at a good price, you'll be happy with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top