Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 3:36:48 PM EDT
LINK

It really is time for all firearm owners of NJ to join together: Black rilfe, pistol, hunter, shotgunner - to walk, talk lock armed. I ain't just your guns, it's your philosophies, culture and other individual liberties and finances.

Two Seconds Flat  (Public)        
Written by President      
Tuesday, 31 January 2006  

Well, that didn't take long.

In the span of just a few weeks, Jon Corzine is turning out to be the anathema to freedom loving New Jerseyans that we always knew he would be.  In the span of just fourteen days, he's threatened to raise the sales and gas taxes, tax your (supposedly tax-free) retirement investments, and even tax the shirt on your back.  Literally.  And all single-handedly, while the other hand that holds the pen of line-item budget control was tied behind his back.  Impressive, Jon.  We can't wait to see what you do next.

We're compelled to remind New Jersey residents that these behaviors parallel the history of other debacles in our Gubernatorial history, where tax increases also came at a time when anti-self defense and anti-firearm measures are passed in the customary draconian ham-handed way.

Doesn't it every bother you that anti-gun measures are always taken at the same time as when the government is about to embark on seizing your personal assets and stomping on your liberty?  Helloooooooo, New Jersey.... is anyone awake out there?

Whatever you might think of firearms - and trust me when I tell you that you've been systematically deceived by our "legislemmings" and their sycophants in the press - one must really take a step back to look at the "big picture" here.  Doesn't it nag at you that there must be something about the assertion of one's personal freedom in the form of gun ownership that strikes fear into a Liberal's heart?

Despite prior determinations by the State Police, it took Corzine less time to unilaterally find a way around the magazine capacity regulations than it took McGreevy to skulk out of Trenton.  Freud once said (and I quote) "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."   If the shoe fits.

We suspect that this is just the beginning of Corzine's little megalomaniacal empire building.  He won't sit still for a moment until every New Jersey resident is fleeced, greased and tattooed with his brand of twisted vision from which you have no choice but to be forced to conscript.

It never ceases to amaze me that in a state where we're in a hole and our citizens complain about the constant government transgressions against our rights and property, that we continue to vote for the same liberals with shovels in their hand, thinking that they won't dig us even deeper.  And even more amazing is that those same people who complain about transgressions by the government into our personal lives are the same people who hypocritically deny freedom loving citizens our right to own and carry a firearm for our personal self defense - especially in this time of terrorism and gangland expansion.

Perhaps it's time to dust off the recall and referendum laws.  Oh, wait... we lowly taxpaying citizens have been denied that right, too, because our legislators have created another barrier to that, in their characteristically shameful tawdry demonstration of job security and immunizing themselves from the terrible legislation they pass.

Wake up, New Jersey... does anyone see a pattern here?

ET: Some corrections.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
+1

I say NO to the progressive society.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have completely given up on NJ.  I will move out as soon as I possibly can.

Edit: Let me clarify my statement.  I don't believe that NJ will ever get any less restrictive.  It's possible that it won't get MORE restrictive, but not less.  I think that even with a concerted effort among many gun supporters that CCW and other rights that other states allow their citizens will not be allowed here for a number of reasons.  I could move about 10 minutes away and have all the rights a citizen of the USA should have.  I don't mean to give up, but I just don't see how we can possibly win.  Corzine is an idiot, and really seems to be the last straw in NJ for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Fear the government that fears your guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have completely given up on NJ.  I will move out as soon as I possibly can.

Edit: Let me clarify my statement.  I don't believe that NJ will ever get any less restrictive.  It's possible that it won't get MORE restrictive, but not less.  I think that even with a concerted effort among many gun supporters that CCW and other rights that other states allow their citizens will not be allowed here for a number of reasons.  I could move about 10 minutes away and have all the rights a citizen of the USA should have.  I don't mean to give up, but I just don't see how we can possibly win.  Corzine is an idiot, and really seems to be the last straw in NJ for me.

I will be leaving too - but in the mean time we NEED to PUSH back. Laying down and just letting the SOBs and POS' have their way with us like toys is BS. You gonna be an EZ victim or are you gonna leave a MARK on the PERP? Want the PERP to come back and have their way AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN? Bullies are the same, till you bloody them they WILL come back to pleasure themself over and over.

All NJCSD resources are spent and dedicated to OUR cause in NJ. A template for the blues states to follow: VA has a great cohesive pro-gun org, and we want to build a similar organization - but that takes membership and those who believe, need to fund it and/or volunteer their time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You're probably right, and I'm not saying I'm going down without a fight.  I'm just saying that I think pushing back is an exercise in futility.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You're probably right, and I'm not saying I'm going down without a fight.  I'm just saying that I think pushing back is an exercise in futility.

If you are not going down without a fight OR positively state you are going down WITH a fight, then you are pushing BACK. Old trite expression, give them an inch and they'll take a yard. We need to stop retreating and capitulating. Compromise got US the smart gun law amoung other negatives. Guns are not the perps, the actors are. Bad people doing bad thing with ligitimate or GOOD products/item end result is STILL bad. Did the item do it? No, of course not, the actor did it. So, why should we bow to legislating that item in a way that restricts or stops our useage of that product? We shouldn't.

Join us - we all win, even if we ultimately lose. You tried, we tried and they know it won't be a cake walk.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The desire to fight is a good thing, but to get people to do more than talk seems to be impossible. Had all of us gun owners gone out to vote, Corzine would most likely not be a problem.  The same for the bigger National elections.  Our society has become blind to the erosion of our rights, and nobody stands up until it is too late.  We need good ideas, and to  become organized in order to make enough noise to be heard.   Willing to participate, but my 2 cents and only a few others won't change a thing.  Anyone with an idea where we can get started?  How do we reach all of NJ's gun owners and get them on board?  I have time to donate to the cause.  Anyone?

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:32:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The desire to fight is a good thing, but to get people to do more than talk seems to be impossible. Had all of us gun owners gone out to vote, Corzine would most likely not be a problem.  The same for the bigger National elections.  Our society has become blind to the erosion of our rights, and nobody stands up until it is too late.  We need good ideas, and to  become organized in order to make enough noise to be heard.   Willing to participate, but my 2 cents and only a few others won't change a thing.  Anyone with an idea where we can get started?  How do we reach all of NJ's gun owners and get them on board?  I have time to donate to the cause.  Anyone?

Yes - we are mounting our attacks, we have the initiative and we HAVE PLANS & are implementing them. Come join us - NJCSD wants the same ALL encompassing 2nd Amendment rights to prevail. Personally I'd like to protect myself with CCW, but if they take away the guns I'll be using my JOHNSON. Wanna hunt? Maybe they'll allow you a bow. Target shoot, use that OTM (OH MY!!! isn't that a HOLLOW POINT??? NOT! Yet have many inside NJ outside of NJ that HPs are ILLEGAL. Skeet shooter/Trap Shooter ???? It is ALL about the chipping away of firearms owners' that got us here to begin with.

Link to NJCSD, read, learn, JOIN!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I joined the website.  I'll be hoping for a step forward in this JBT state, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I joined the website.  I'll be hoping for a step forward in this JBT state, but we'll see.

Hoping won't help, time and or a donation will. My free time is limited but I'll be making another $100.00 donation shortly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoping won't help, time and or a donation will. My free time is limited but I'll be making another $100.00 donation shortly.

OMG!!! Lugerman gets a honorary Italian relative designation: UNCLE -
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG!!! Lugerman gets a honorary Italian relative designation: UNCLE -

Thanks, It's the very LEAST I as a NJ gun owner can do to futher the cause.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I am thinking about joining NJCSD.  I contacted a Mr. Guida there last night and got a quick response.   Before I join, I wanted to know what kind of plans they have for the fight for our rights.  I see no events planned, and was a bit  suprised to find that there are only 70 members.  Can any current member tell me what they have done to date for NJ gun owners, and what they see in the organizations future?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#14]
As a longtime NJCSD member, I can tell you that they're trying to fight the good fight with minimal resources.  One of the problems is manpower.  It's hard to get the wagon moving when you only have a handful of people (70, did you say?) pushing.  This is actually the second incarnation of the group...it was recreated after website problems caused them to restructure, and there were more members before...regrettably, not everyone climbed back on board.  Some, God bless 'em, have found their way out already.  Also regrettably, there are only so many members who actively participate.  Like most organizations, it seems to follow the 90/10 rule:  10% of the members carry 90% of the water.  Also, resources are limited in the financial area:  not many of the members are what you'd call "paying" members, therefore things like press releases and other expenses are left wanting.

I think the first problem would be to get membership up...that's a nod towards credibility.  The problem with THAT is that, interestingly, we can't seem to get the combat handgunner, the bullseye shooter, the rifleman, the shotgunner and the collector to all agree that we even HAVE a problem.  There's a mentality that says that when they take away our guns  -  and they WILL take away our guns!  -  they won't want "mine" because I'm just a hunter/target shooter/collector, insert your head-in-the-sand category here.  These people have apparently not been paying attention to a place called Canada.  Or Great Britain.  "Free" societies.

Organization will help, especially if we can all get on board with respect to making ourselves into a solid, cohesive voting block.  But that's something for another conversation.

If you want to know what the NJCSD is doing, I think the best thing to do is decide what YOU want to get done, join up and make that happen.  That way, we all benefit.  For me, I take my energies and write...to everyone who pisses me off regarding the infringement of Rights, with a strong emphasis on the 2nd Amendment.  Not limited to NJ, or even the US.  That's my contribution...that, and trying to assist as a brainstorming assist to kick around ideas.  Whatever you can do, I guess the big answer is to just DO it.  In this area, not to put a cliche' on it, if you're not part of the solution, you really ARE part of the problem.

See you on the NJCSD website.  Find me there as "Ektarr".  Questions?  Ask me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for your insight.  I guess what I am wrestling with is that I have been an NRA member, Second Amendment Foundation Life member, and a member of a few other organizations.  while I am sure we could be worse off without them, it seems as if NJ , NY, Cal, need the most help and I don't see much going our way.  I have done the writing thing to local and federal representitives many times.  I get letters in response, but it usually makes no difference as I am just one person.  I do not know how many gun owners NJ has(target, collector, hunter, etc..)  but they certainly don't come out to fight.  I will join NJCSD and see what we can do to help.  But as much as I hate cliche's also, the truth is the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  We need very large numbers to be heard(greased) and in order to get that membership the group needs to be seen and heard.  We must also get the National groups to get more active in the states with the toughest regulations before it is too late.   I am up in Morris County, and would be very happy to meet with others in the  area to arrange activities where others will see us and maybe jump on board.  I nice day at the range would be nice if 15 or more of us went together  and enlisted others to join.  My email is [email protected]  if anyone would like to contact me about such things.  Thanks

Mike
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Mike, I'll be sending you an e-mail after I post this.  I'm in the same boat:  NRA Life, GOA Life, NJCSD plus a few others.  There -does- seem to be a paucity of interest in helping those of us who are locked into the Bastions of Liberalism, NJ, NY and CA, but remember...20 years ago there were dozens of other States in the same boat.  Look how the world has changed in that time!!  Now I hear Michigan is turning.  There is hope for us, but several things are involved, too, at least for me:  at my age, it's not all that likely that I'll be around to see New Jersey's change.  I have to get where I can enjoy the benefits of America soon or I'll be working on it in the next incarnation.  That doesn't mean, however, that I'm throwing in the towel.  Even if I were moving tomorrow, Right is Right and I'd still keep at it from 'out there'.  One day, even if it's after ALL the other States are secured, it'll be NJ's turn.  Then maybe the NRA, GOA and others will give us the attention we so richly deserve, even if only in consideration of our having suffered for so long.

You're right...if all of us had banded together and voted together, we'd be laughing at Corzine's election efforts now.  Instead we have a triple dose of asshats:  Corzine, Lautenberg and now Menendez.  You know why we have this problem in Trenton?  Because we permitted it. Lautenberg, McGreevey, et al, stuck it to us when Lautenberg was brought back, and again when McGreevy went public with his activities and dragged us along so we couldn't replace him through the ballot box, because we tolerated it and let it happen.  And the NJ Courts are an unhappy offshoot of that complacency.  We reap the seeds we sow, and here we are.

Watch for me on NJCSD and I'll watch for you.  Even if we fail, all that struggling is good exercise.  And thanks in advance for adding your arm to pushing the wagon.  It'll be that much easier to get it rolling now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks ektarr, I got your email and will join and do my share.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Mike, your voice and others like you have been heard.  It's what drove the founding of the NJCSD.  We observed that big gun rights groups were just not getting it done.  They got fat and lazy.  They were stagnant and uncreative.  They capitulated and acquiesced.  They were taking the money from states that need it the most (NJ, CA, MA, etc.) and spending it on easily winnable battles in states where it's not hard to win victories with no money at all.  We also observed that HOW they were addressing the issue exposed underlying fatal flaws.

We're different in a number of ways.  How we structure our organization makes us lean and agile.  How we communicate makes us effective in dealing with emergent opportunities.  How we position statements is crisp and direct.  And how we strategize for long term success using "line-of-sight" goals and "intrapreneurialism" is what will make us successful.

If you registered on our site, by now you will have received our announcement regarding the upcoming meeting, but I'm pasting it below again, because I really hope that those of you who are recent members will come to introduce yourselves, and those of you who are not yet members, but curious about what we're doing, will come to learn how really dynamic our people are, and what we can bring to the table.

In the end, it's a numbers game.  It's taken millions of dollars and dozens of years for the liberals to steal our rights, so it'll take us at least proportionally as long to win them back.  Creativity and volunteerism can help reduce the time/money matrix, so it's all about us and what we individually do to help.

Just because Corswine won doesn't mean we have to roll over and take it in the ass.  What I do know is that no matter what happens, when eventually the NJCSD members and trustees are in a pine box, I'm confident we'll be able to look back at a legacy of activisim and a fight for 1st Principles of Liberty that would make our Founding Fathers proud.

=============================

Attention all NJCSD site visitors and members,

We have just received notice that our room reservation is confirmed.  The next general meeting is on Sunday 2/19 from Noon to 3PM at the 2nd Floor Conference room of the Fairleigh Dickinson University in Hackensack.  Driving directions below.

We will be covering the following subjects:
Update since our last meeting of 7/24
Current initiatives in the works
On The Radar (initiatives we want to implement)
Strategic Relationships
Website improvements (we'll have a live internet connection and video projector)
Brainstorming (open discussion from the floor)
Surprise mini-FUNdraiser

The great news is that we also might have our Membership T-Shirts ready by that time.  If you have not done so already, please take a moment to vote in the poll linked below, so that we can rush to get the shirts done in time for the meeting.  We can only wait perhaps one or two more days at most if we are to have any hope at all that they will be done in time because there is a minimum of a 2-week lead time.

Artwork poll:
www.njcsd.org/forum/showthread.php?t=261

Size poll:
www.njcsd.org/forum/showthread.php?t=262

Directions from just about anywhere South or West:
-  Garden State Parkway or Rt. 17 North
-  Exit onto Route 4 Eastbound
-  Exit onto Hackensack Avenue Southbound (County 503), just as you approach Riverside Square Mall.  I suggest you stay to the right hand side as you travel Rt. 4, because the exit comes up fairly quickly after the large office buildings to your left.
-  Hackensack Ave. South for approximately 1 mile, make a LEFT at the 2ND LIGHT into the FDU campus.
-  Straight back on the service road, and make a left on the street right before the building with the pointed roof.

Similar directions can be surmised from parts North, if you will be travelling South on the GSP or Rt. 17.  If you're coming from the Palisades Parkway, take Rt. 4 Westbound, and exit at the loop for Hackensack avenue right near the Riverside Square mall.

Please feel free to call with any questions or problems at 201-895-0033.

Thanks for your attention.  We look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been a member of NJCSD since the early days. We have done a few things. Two years ago, the MMM's Pink RV was going around the country  holding ralleys. The day they scheduled for Trenton, we put together a counter-ralley. This cost money for permits, porta-potties, poster  printing, pa system rental etc. For a middle of the week ralley, we had a decent turn out. Oh, yeah, the MMMs tucked thier tails between their legs and ran to Newark to hold a ralley in a school where they controlled the entire environment, and the Trenton papers gave extensive coverage to our ralley while not giving any mention the MMM ralley even though they had a bunch of political and other  big-whigs.

When the MMMs held their Mothers' Day ralley in DC  a couple of years ago, we had a contingent down there to participate in a counter ralley.

There have been other initiatives including a training course and the initial stages for a television show. However these thigs take a large body of members from whom to draw committed workers.  

Most people join gun clubs mainly for a place to shoot and, as a secondary purpose, to fight for gun rights. We, on the other hand, exist primarily to fight for gun rights, and occasionally have a get-together to shoot. From what I've seen of shooters at a 2000+ member club, where I have constituted several "committies of one", they aren't up for this. They'll bitch and moan, but they won't make a long term committment to an intangible.

The people of NJCSD are doing a lot of stuff in the face of indifference on the part of people whom they are trying to help. Eventually, the work will pay off, but in the meantime, it needs committments from people who are in it for the long haul.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top