Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 10:48:45 AM EDT
According to A2466 that passed the assembly:

S 2. Subdivision 22 of section 265.00 of the penal law is REPEALED and a new subdivision 22 is added to read as follows:
22. "Assault weapon" means any:

(A) Semi-automatic or pump-action rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:

(i) a pistol grip;
   (ii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
   (iii) a folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
   (iv) a shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or
   (v) a muzzle brake or muzzle compensator;

So this is an assault weapon!

It's time to get all gun owners involved! All those target shooters and trap shooters and hunters who say "that doesn't apply to me. I don't have one of those assault rifles!" Well, it does and now, you do!"

Whisky19

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
A 10/22 has been effectively banned in NYC for some time.  The basic configuration is OK but there are no 5 round magazines, so it's out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah Phil,

This was meant for the rest of us that don't live in "The City" with that RINO Bloomberg.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, I meant to empathize with your potential plight, I knew you didn't mean in NYC.

However, there is life after NY.  I'm preparing for mine, check out my new full auto Galil: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=92&t=82156
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew you were. I meant to put in a smiley

Damn...you get to play with all the neat toys!

Whisky19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top