Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:25:35 PM EDT
I don't know if you all saw it, but there was a post in GD a few weeks ago called 'disturbing images from Jersey' with a bunch of guys that all looked gay with spiked hair and shit.  Well, today I had to go to Jersey for a relatives 50th anniversary party at a fancy resturant off Interstate 78, I believe, a few miles from the PA boarder. There were two bus boys working there that had the exact same style as the ones from that picture.  i saw them and just started laughing my ass off thinking about what others posted about them.  Everyone was staring at me like WTF are you laughing about.  all of my relatives are from NJ and Staten Island so they are used to people like this.

On another note, I noticed that on I78 there were state cops sitting about every mile.  And then on the way home, about 7pm,  there was someone pulled over about every half mile or so.  Is this how all of NJ state highways are?  Seems like alittle overkill of police.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Of all the Stete PDs, the uniforms of the NJ troopers always reminded me of 1984 like state security apparatus (similar to the SS) from a movie.  They have those high boots and leather straps galore.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On another note, I noticed that on I78 there were state cops sitting about every mile.  And then on the way home, about 7pm,  there was someone pulled over about every half mile or so.  Is this how all of NJ state highways are?  Seems like alittle overkill of police.

Not overkill. That area of Rt 78 is well known for numerous, and frequent, fatal crashes.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
The primary job of the NJSP doing highway, parkway, and turnpike duty is SAFTY.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The Grand Colonial??
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Grand Colonial??

yup...that's the place.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You're lucky you weren't there a couple weeks ago.. Apparently a wall in the old part of the restaurant collapsed and killed one of the workers!!  Don't know how bad it was otherwise, but what a terrible way to go...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You're lucky you weren't there a couple weeks ago.. Apparently a wall in the old part of the restaurant collapsed and killed one of the workers!!  Don't know how bad it was otherwise, but what a terrible way to go...

damn...I didn't know that.  We were in some big room. I didn't get a good look around, but the rest of the place seemed to be open for buisness.  The waitresess were beautiful though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The primary job of the NJSP doing highway, parkway, and turnpike duty is SAFTY revenue collection.

Fixed it for you....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The primary job of the NJSP doing highway, parkway, and turnpike duty is SAFTY revenue collection.

Fixed it for you....

Safty has a price
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget about the inflateable troopers they put in parked cars on the NJTP to deter speeding.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you....

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Not to high-jack the thread, but anyone who drives Route 78 should watch out over the next couple days.  It seems like the NJSP continuing to give it their undivided attention  Last night on a 20 mile stretch I saw three people pulled over and two speed traps all going one way, and different units as far as I could tell.  This morning I saw one speed trap and two flying by with their flashers on.  By far the most sightings during one day in the past year.hinking.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top