Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 5:55:59 PM EDT
A new addition and midification to the NY assault weapon ban is now in the NY Senate. It will ban ALL assault rifles. No more prebans, no california legal, NOTHING! Your present AR will have to be either destroyed, or surrendered for registration, see below.

Some Highlights:

Bans all future manufacture or sale of assault rifles, yes the unthinkable may now happen, You will not get an AR anymore!

Bans all rifles with a detachables magazines and any other "evil" feature. Kiss that M1A you wanted goodbye.

Bans anything with a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.

Bans compensators on anything with a detachable mag, or fixed that holds more than 10 rounds.

It also bans "anything the State Police superintendent" deems to be non-sporting, yes the Police will decide if you should or shouldnt have a certain rifle.

Most important is this one: Your AR you now own will within 4 months of this law taking effect, have to be either rendered permanently inoperable, OR have it surrendered to the State Police, have it REGISTERED, A CASING FIRED AND RECORDED, AND HAVE A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK PERFORMED. Then you will get your gun back.

Does this sound like America? Send an e-mail and call your state senator and legislators. DONT LET THIS HAPPEN!

Here is a link of the bill in its entirety:
http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A02466&sh=t

DONT SIT ON THE SIDELINES FOR THIS ONE, WE WILL ALL BE SORRY, DO YOUR PART.

This is being Introduced by LAVELLE, KOON, LAFAYETTE, COOK -- Multi-Sponsored by BOYLAND, A. COHEN, GLICK, GORDON, GOTTFRIED, MAYER-SOHN, PERRY, and WEINSTEIN.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with HR, but I give my reps a call whenever I see crap like this coming up, and I will be calling them from work tommorow even though one of them is a real freaking Commie.

Well to be fair she's not the only one.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its not gonna go anywhere... but I agree, attack it head on.

With all due respect, please dont take any offense. But saying it wont go anywhere is way to complacent. Yeah, we have to hit it head on with everything. Dont say it wont go anywhere, or people will let it happen!

CALL YOUR STATE LEGISLATOR AND SENATOR!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most important is this one: Your AR you now own will within 4 months of this law taking effect, have to be either rendered permanently inoperable, OR have it surrendered to the State Police, have it REGISTERED, A CASING FIRED AND RECORDED, AND HAVE A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK PERFORMED. Then you will get your gun back.

New barrel, bolt, firing pin, extractor, ejector.  Wash hands.

As far as I can tell from reading it, a belt-fed would still be a-ok.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT? Did you read it? If it has a detachable magazine it cannot have a handguard over the barrel, a barrel shroud, a compensator, anything. IT BANS ALL ASSAULT RIFLES, READ IT! Belt fed is already banned in NY.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
With all due respect... I have worked in that environment for more than a decade and know a DOA bill when I read one.

what sounded radical yesterday is not so out of the question today...this is what they do...wear us down until they slip something by.,...piece by piece.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT? Did you read it? If it has a detachable magazine it cannot have a handguard over the barrel, a barrel shroud, a compensator, anything. IT BANS ALL ASSAULT RIFLES, READ IT! Belt fed is already banned in NY.

I did read it, though it was exceedingly hard since it was in all caps.  It has an "OR" between the destruction and the registration, but we all know how registration here in the city went.

Apparently a pump action gun is also an assault weapon now too according to these jackasses.  They must have seen a picture of a Remington 7615P and shit their pants because it's scary looking.

This bill has already been discussed here a bit already and the consensus is that the senate is going to take a big steaming shit on it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Belt fed is already banned in NY.

No they arent. Somebody should do some research before they become an internet commando and post eronneous information.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what if I take my handguards off?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

haha then your safe of course!  these laws do nothing but piss gun owners off.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

haha then your safe of course!  these laws do nothing but piss gun owners off.....

Not quite, take off your handguards, and anything that would allow the handguard to be put on there in the first place. You also cannot have any vertical foregrip, so plan on holding the AR by the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Its not gonna go anywhere... but I agree, attack it head on.

Maybe not this year, but if we get Spitzer as gov and a democratic Senate it may go somwhere.  It doesn't hurt to call and or write.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#14]
It's critical to get involved NOW to support and keep Senate Republicans in office for the 2007-2008 legislative session.

As long as the Republicans control the Senate the Assembly will not get their anti-gun bills to the floor for a vote.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear about this.  I grew up in the Buffalo area and my nostalgia for the area is pretty much blown by how stupid the legislature is.

Would joining the NYS Rifle and Pistol Assn. help provide lobbying funds?

Best regards from the Seattle area, Don
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
a belt-fed would still be a-ok.

if this passes, everyone in NYS will just have to buy a shrike upper and weld the magwell closed on their lower
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about this.  I grew up in the Buffalo area and my nostalgia for the area is pretty much blown by how stupid the legislature is.

Would joining the NYS Rifle and Pistol Assn. help provide lobbying funds?

Best regards from the Seattle area, Don

Every little bit helps Don. Thanks for checking in on us. If you want any info on joining the NYSRPA feel free to IM me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
man i HATE to hear when a bunch of fags and pointy headed liberals try to piss on the good tax paying law abiding gunnies of any state.
here in nj its not quite as bad. i was wondering if insted of turning in or destroying your AR'S can you just take them out of state an let a friend hold on to them untill you can relocate?
to me this is very troublesome and not at all a joke, i hope it NEVER does pass !
i have a friend who had to move to a state that has a ton of firearm bans, i have most of his longuns and all of his pistols, if the time comes that this ban comes to play, i will offer my large basement (to store your safes and guns) -- (free of charge) to anyone that does not want to give any of their firearms up.  some of you my think im jokeing or kidding, but im not, i am willing to help out any fellow gunner. for years now i've planned to move my stuff if a ban comes to N.J. i have family in P.A. that i can store my firearms with. good luck, and make sure to write those representatives.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i was wondering if insted of turning in or destroying your AR'S can you just take them out of state an let a friend hold on to them untill you can relocate?

Realistically, your choices will be to remove them from the state for safe keeping, sell them or have them registered and ballistic tested with the NYSP. Only an idiot is going to turn them in or render them permanently inoperable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i was wondering if insted of turning in or destroying your AR'S can you just take them out of state an let a friend hold on to them untill you can relocate?

Realistically, your choices will be to remove them from the state for safe keeping, sell them or have them registered and ballistic tested with the NYSP. Only an idiot is going to turn them in or render them permanently inoperable.

This bill sounds like the Florio AWB from a decade ago. Originally we had no “post ban” exceptions and we all faced what you just outlined. Hopefully the NY senate will kill this one again.

cx4stormer,
With NJs new governor and AG we may be in the same boat soon. I hope FMJunkie has a really big basement.

Rich V
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#21]
hmmm, if this passes, i think that self-storage units just over the pennsylvania border will see a boom in business.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's really sad. I'm going to make some calls, but I choose another route.  I'm moving in 1 month
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I CALL DIBS ON INSTALLING AN ARMORED SHED IN HELLDOG'S BACKYARD
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'll be moving to Florida and starting over if it happens. You guys can keep anything you want at my place. I'll even let you pay rent in ammo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be moving to Florida and starting over if it happens. You guys can keep anything you want at my place. I'll even let you pay rent in ammo.

a sad thing is, we might actually take you up on that offer//
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a sad thing is, we might actually take you up on that offer//

Like the shed full of NFA goodies on this past Monday's episode of CSI Miami?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#30]
If too many of you up and leave, those who stay behind will be extra screwed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If too many of you up and leave, those who stay behind will be extra screwed.[/quote0]
COME WITH US!!!!
I aint goin anywhere stuck here for a while now!!
And I dont own any AR's  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#32]
all i know is that...if something goes down where they ban more types of rifles, and mine are on that list, ...im going to be shipping them out of state to others in 'safe states', until I move.  No way im turning them in, or demilling them, no sir.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Belt fed is already banned in NY.

No they arent. Somebody should do some research before they become an internet commando and post eronneous information.

I dont think so. I used to have a copy of the entire assault weapons ban for NY, and I could swear it had belt-fed rifles as one of the features banned. If somebody has a link for the NY assault weapons ban let me know. The original ban that is, not the new one in the works.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#34]

I dont think so. I used to have a copy of the entire assault weapons ban for NY, and I could swear it had belt-fed rifles as one of the features banned. If somebody has a link for the NY assault weapons ban let me know. The original ban that is, not the new one in the works.

They are NOT banned. Just like any other semi auto rifle. So long as the links were manufactured before 1994 you can make a belt as long as you want and shoot it all day. There are 4 or 5 guys who regularly post on 1919a4.com from NY and I know of at least 2 members at my own range who have them and shoot them on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

They are NOT banned. Just like any other semi auto rifle. So long as the links were manufactured before 1994 you can make a belt as long as you want and shoot it all day. There are 4 or 5 guys who regularly post on 1919a4.com from NY and I know of at least 2 members at my own range who have them and shoot them on a regular basis.

Ok, that still doesnt mean they arent banned. Im not saying you cant own a link, or make a link. Im not saying you cant have or own a belt fed rifle. Im saying you cannot own a belt fed rifle that was made after the NY assault weapon ban. They were banned by the assault weapons ban, hence BANNED. Same as you cannot have any features on a post ban rifle in NY.

So YES, a belt fed is banned in NY. Any M1919, M2, and most semi-auto MGs that are belt fed were made prior to the ban, so they are perfectly legal to own/possess in NY. Newer ones made after the ban are not legal in NY.

I wish I could find a copy of that law, Its been a while since I reviewed it. Anybody know where it is online?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Moderator's Note, do not post erroneous information please. If you wish to make contentions that Belt Feds are illegal in NY... incidently, they are NOT... please post a link to defintive proof or your post will disappear. There is enough tension around here with what actualy is against the law, we don't need to add to it with bad information that further inflames people.

Thanks Hiram.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Moderator's Note, do not post erroneous information please.  If you wish to make contentions that Belt Feds are illegal in NY... incidently, they are NOT... please post a link to defintive proof or your post will disappear.  There is enough tension around here with what actualy is against the law, we don't need to add to it with bad information that further inflames people.

Here is my original response:

"I dont think so", "I could sear it had", and followed by "If somebody has a link for the NY assault weapons ban let me know." certainly doesnt sound to me like I am certain of it, or stating it as fact. Erroneous information, you should be deleting a lot of posts here. This is not out of the usual for conversations here. Ive seen way more "erroneous" posts that havent been threatened to disappear. This is conversation, calm down post police!

Again, anybody have a copy of the NY assault weapons law. Its been a while, and I could swear I saw somewhere that belt feds were illegal now (and no not grandfathered ones like the M1919), and I thought it was on the NY assault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:30:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Here ya go from the NRAs website regarding the current NY law:
. Assault weapon means:

A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:
*a folding or telescoping stock;
*a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
*a bayonet mount;
*a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;
*a grenade launcher.
*a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following characteristics:
*a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;
*an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

*A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:
*an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
*a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
*a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.
*A semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm.

*Any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known as:
Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (All Models);
Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
Colt AR-15;
Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
Steyr AUG;
INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22;
revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12.

*Assault weapons does not include:
any rifle, shotgun or pistol that: is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; or has been rendered permanently inoperable; or
*An antique firearm as defined under federal law
*A semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;
*A semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine;
*A rifle, shotgun or pistol, or a replica or a duplicate thereof, specifically exempted from the federal assault weapon ban list as such weapon was manufactured on October 1, 1993.

2. Large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition. There is an exception for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

So if effect - its the belt (feeding device) that is banned, not the beltfed.  Condsidering the semi-belftfeds that are out there, RPD, M60, M1919, M249 and MG34/42 use belts manufactured prior to Sept 13, 1994 - they are legal.  

Before we get into the issue of 'how do you know" - many links have date codes (number/letter), but not all.  Seeing that of the weapons cited, they are 20+ years old in use/design and finding preban links is no problem.

In NY you can order/own any of the semiauto beltfeds that I've listed.  Even the mysterious SHRIKE because it comes/came in a postban version, with a fixed non folding stock and fake flash hider. If you have a preban lower however, you can get the "preban" configuration.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Here ya go from the NRAs website regarding the current NY law:
. Assault weapon means:

A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:
*a bayonet mount;
*a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;
*a grenade launcher.
*a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following characteristics:
*a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;
*an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

*A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:
*an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
*a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
*a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.
*A semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm.

*Any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known as:
Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (All Models);
Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
Colt AR-15;
Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
Steyr AUG;
INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22;
revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12.

*Assault weapons does not include:
any rifle, shotgun or pistol that: is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; or has been rendered permanently inoperable; or
*An antique firearm as defined under federal law
*A semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;
*A semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine;
*A rifle, shotgun or pistol, or a replica or a duplicate thereof, specifically exempted from the federal assault weapon ban list as such weapon was manufactured on October 1, 1993.

2. Large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition. There is an exception for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

So if effect - its the belt (feeding device) that is banned, not the beltfed.  Condsidering the semi-belftfeds that are out there, RPD, M60, M1919 and MG34/42 use belts manufactured prior to Sept 13, 1994 - they are legal.  

Before we get into the issue of 'how do you know" - many links have date codes (number/letter), but not all.  Seeing that of the weapons cited, they are 30+ years old in use/design and finding preban links is no problem.

In NY you can order/own any of the semiauto beltfeds that I've listed.  Even the mysterious SHRIKE because it comes/came in a postban version, with a fixed non folding stock and fake flash hider. If you have a preban lower however, you can get the "preban" configuration.

Hope this helps!

I saw this, was looking for the whole thing though, but THANK YOU! I'll concede here, Im wrong, new belt feds in post ban configuration are legal in NY.

But unfortunately this new bill will ban the Shrike too if it goes through. Hope it gets killed by the Senate, which from the posts/comments sounds like it will. Another one will come back later when they are all democrat controlled.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
But unfortunately this new bill will ban the Shrike too if it goes through. Hope it gets killed by the Senate, which from the posts/comments sounds like it will. Another one will come back later when they are all democrat controlled.

No problem at all jay - it can get extremely confusing at times, we've all been there.  

Thats why we must never give up the fight!   Keep calling and writing your reps.  It does seem like a lost cause at times, and I am certainly concerned as are many of the NY members here if Spitzer gets elected.

Like a fellow member said earlier in the thread, the Senate will take big steaming shit on the bill.  Thats certainly okay for now, but what if we lose control of the Senate as well.  I for one, have written Bruno and his fellow Republicans that in no uncertain terms "I'll take a big steaming shit on them" if they allow this through.

My "Come and Take Them" flag would fly proudly on my front lawn, and they can kiss my ass.  I've already made my decision and will move out of this hell-hole before I'm ever forced to register or turn in anything.

Already, I've started writing a letter telling all senators/assemblymen of my expected move, It starts something like this:

"Dear Senator/Assemblyman F$@$STICK:"

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#43]
MOVE!!!!!!! The only solution, isn"t it amazing

Either I will become an outlaw or an implant.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#44]
..... Ok, so we all move to gun friendly states.

What happens IF we lose the UNITED STATES SENATE??????

.... With the United Nations bringing back the global gun ban TREATY again this year in 2006???

Remember, that was the ban that was soundly defeated in the summer of 2001 about three weeks before 9/11 happened? Then Undersecretary Bolton told Kofi Anan where he could stick his f-ing gun ban treaty.

Remember  - a Treaty when signed by the President is ratified ONLY by the Senate. In succh a case
the treaty then becomes US DOMESTIC LAW.

Where do we run to, then???
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I say a state wide boycot of the ban.  If everyone refuses to comply,  what could they do then?
Anybody ever here of this freestateblogs.net/ or www.freestateproject.org/
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
..... Ok, so we all move to gun friendly states.

What happens IF we lose the UNITED STATES SENATE??????

.... With the United Nations bringing back the global gun ban TREATY again this year in 2006???

Remember, that was the ban that was soundly defeated in the summer of 2001 about three weeks before 9/11 happened? Then Undersecretary Bolton told Kofi Anan where he could stick his f-ing gun ban treaty.

Remember  - a Treaty when signed by the President is ratified ONLY by the Senate. In succh a case
the treaty then becomes US DOMESTIC LAW.

Where do we run to, then???

ummm noplace..because it would be open season on blue helmets haha jk

it wouldnt ever happen...UN law wont be over-riding US domestic law wholesale as you speak...in certain cases such as that national part incident, yes....beyond that, I dont think so
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I contacted my local representatives shortly after this was posted. Mine are Jeff Brown and William Magnarelli. Both sent back return emails stating their opposition to this specific bill. They werent the genric automatically generated ones. I was pleasantly surprised when Magnarelli followed it up with a letter again stating his opposition to this legislation. Ill be contacting them both again when this type of bill comes up for consideration
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I contacted my local representatives shortly after this was posted. Mine are Jeff Brown and William Magnarelli. Both sent back return emails stating their opposition to this specific bill. They werent the genric automatically generated ones. I was pleasantly surprised when Magnarelli followed it up with a letter again stating his opposition to this legislation. Ill be contacting them both again when this type of bill comes up for consideration

this is good to hear...and im surprised that they actually replied....  I emailed Hillary twice, and no responce...go figure
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

My Senator is Bill Larkin. I wrote to him and all the Republican Senators urging them to help us out on this. He sent me a letter saying he was against the bills passed by the assembly and felt that they "wouldn't see the light of day in the Senate" (my words).

Let's keep the Republicans in control of the senate. If we don't, we're screwed!

Whisky19
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#50]
whiskey,

Check your IM's. I sent you an IM on another matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top