I need to find out about the bayonet and how its mounted

now Im debating on a paint color
solid desert tan or some form of urban camo
any thoughts to add to this slow and painful buildup? let me know
Im up for suggestions
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree, we need a mini blast soon.

555R, I'd like to take a look at the Knights 870 RAS since I've been trying to decide what I want to do for sights (Eotech, ghost rings, etc.).  Nice setup too.

On my 870 Police I've got...
Knoxx SpecOps stock
Surefire forend light (618FA)

I'm thinking of getting an 18" barrel from Vang Comp.  For the color I was thinking of something along the lines of Wilson Combats green Armor-Tuff finish and keeping the stock, forend, RAS (if I get one) black.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet Corzine would sh*t if he saw that.

I need to shoot as well.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks awesome.

I concur about the miniblast.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Sick shotgun.  Very nice build there.  If the weather stays like it was today it will feel like spring.  You Jersey guys have all the fun!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]
As soon as my XD9 comes back from Canyon Creek with an improved trigger and new sights in 2 weeks, I'll be ready for a freakin' MAJOR BLAST. 555R, that's quite a monster you'll have there

Trigger job - 3.5 lb. Pull with most of the slack removed.
Sights - XS Sight Systems ( Very similar to Lion_Dogs lollipop set up on his Glock 19 )

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#6]
well this pic is of Jasons formerly argonaut armament shotty
in a 14" configuration
Mine will be close
Im also going to get either the Surefire foregrip with the light or the surefire rail system and I do have an extra vertical foregrip in my parts box to use
im not liking green unless its going to be a camo style \not sure yet
currently i think the 20" barrel and extension are ok but it makes it a really big shotty
time to get a shorter barrel
there was a shotgun post with a tan 870
real short barrel but it looked really badass
soon we shall see when my frankenstein shotgun comes alive
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#7]
This bad boy is what I was talking about

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=189762
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
soon we shall see when my frankenstein shotgun comes alive

Yeah, When my electricity goes out , then I'll know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
i think that was sarcasm at its finest
i am buying the new 18" barrel with mag extension
deciding on the surefire forend with the light or might go with the rail and foregrip
and its going to be desert tan

HA lets get a mini blast going
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i think that was sarcasm at its finest
i am buying the new 18" barrel with mag extension
deciding on the surefire forend with the light or might go with the rail and foregrip
and its going to be desert tan

HA lets get a mini blast going

Actually, mine was a compliment. Pick a weekend except March 10-14, I was thinking of contacting RAYWOODROW3RD in using the Buckeye Gun Club for a MINI Blast. Everyone can make a small donation to the club and there are no rapid fire rules. We're always welcome there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#11]
hey IM game for that
anytime
LETS DO THIS!!!
any takers for Buckeye!!!
I dont know anything about it but i guess we can go crazy there with the
ever so evil rapid fire
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't care if it's at dix or Buckeye, let's just have a miniblast.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't care if it's at dix or Buckeye, let's just have a miniblast.

I sent Ray an IM. Details to come later.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Woohoo!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm game.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Sweet I have about 14+ cans of linked ammo waiting to be burned up!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in for Buckeye...let me know a date and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Now this is funny, Benny was just asking me when the next blast was. His M2 seems to be getting bored......

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:49:39 AM EDT
[#19]
im up for it i just need to do an ammo run unless someone out there in southern jersey can purchase some ammo and bring and id be happy to pay for some of the driving as well as the ammo
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:09:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Damn, we have some HUNGRY shooters here. Buckeye, for some of you who have never been there is a hunting club with a small range, like 25+ yards. The M2's will prolly destroy the berm It is set up for pistol and rifle shooting. We have to be very cautious as there are powerlines and a home behind the berm at a distance within range of our rifles, so this is not Range 14 by any means, but a nice little place for shooting where no one will bother us. I will never host a mini shoot at Range 14 ever, I'm not going thru that BS again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:23:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Count me in as well. I can't wait to shoot my 1st and hopefully not my last black rifle.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
im up for it i just need to do an ammo run unless someone out there in southern jersey can purchase some ammo and bring and id be happy to pay for some of the driving as well as the ammo

Count me in too!

And Wideners still has some Federal XM193 (20 round boxes) in stock at $210/1000 for those who don't want PD or Wolf stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there any news about range 14? Are they still trying to figure out how to run the place? I havent been back since the last mini blast fiasco, that and my membership expired. Im waiting to hear whats going on there before I renew my membership.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Is there any news about range 14? Are they still trying to figure out how to run the place? I havent been back since the last mini blast fiasco, that and my membership expired. Im waiting to hear whats going on there before I renew my membership.

I've been back since then and actually had a good time.  To answer everyone's question, yes, the new manager was there that day too.  She actually did a good job answering some questions I had about how far out you had to place certain targets on the pistol and rifle ranges.  It is actually less restrictive than I had been lead to believe before.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been back since then and actually had a good time.  To answer everyone's question, yes, the new manager was there that day too.  She actually did a good job answering some questions I had about how far out you had to place certain targets on the pistol and rifle ranges.  It is actually less restrictive than I had been lead to believe before.

Boomer that sounds good.  What did you ask her about rapid fire?  What do they consider rapid fire?

Thanks

Matt
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I was thinking of taking a trip out this Saturday or Sunday if the weather is nice, as I need to test out my SEBR and 1903A3.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I was thinking of taking a trip out this Saturday or Sunday if the weather is nice, as I need to test out my SEBR and 1903A3.

Guest me in at Dix and I'll show you how to strip & clean your AR.  

I'm kinda busy Sat, but Sun looks good if the weather's OK.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#28]
There's a chance of rain on Sunday, but will probably be near 50 degrees.  I'll check with the wife and make sure my "schedule" is free .
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There's a chance of rain on Sunday, but will probably be near 50 degrees.  I'll check with the wife and make sure my "schedule" is free .

Sat morning is do-able here, just need to leave the range by ~10:30 to drop off the hardware and head to the library.

Let me know which one works better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Just talked to the wife and she's not interested in going anywhere outdoors.  However, I think I'm still GTG on Saturday morning (I'll know tonight).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Just talked to the wife and she's not interested in going anywhere outdoors.  However, I think I'm still GTG on Saturday morning (I'll know tonight).

Sounds good, let me know how the negotiation goes.  

The weather does look better on Sat...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:37:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Update: I'm thinking I'll head to Sunset Hill on Sat, just to be sure there's time to get to the library for noon.  Dix is a farther drive and I'd hate to be late for the meeting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Never been there, looking at their website now.  

Edit: 2 hour drive for me, blah
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, it's convenient for me but not for Central/South NJ.  We'll hook up at the next Blast!

Quoted:
Never been there, looking at their website now.  

Edit: 2 hour drive for me, blah

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Foh shizzle
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
As soon as my XD9 comes back from Canyon Creek with an improved trigger and new sights in 2 weeks, I'll be ready for a freakin' MAJOR BLAST. 555R, that's quite a monster you'll have there

Sights - XS Sight Systems ( Very similar to Lion_Dogs lollipop set up on his Glock 19 )

I gotta finger your XD if you got the trigger job
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wash your hands first and I'll let you try "HER" out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll be heading out to CJRPC on Sunday if anyone wants to tag along. IM me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wash your hands first and I'll let you try "HER" out.

Hey Bobby,

Did you see they came out with a 45acp version?  I think a trip to the fun shop is in order.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#40]
I so want that thing .
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm a 9mm aficionado
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#42]
So whats up with the mini blast? When is it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The Buckeye Gun Club is meeting on Feb 4 to address some issues. RAYWOODROW3RD is now VP of the club and he will contact me about the details on the date and time. If it is a go, it will be on a SUNDAY in February. I will take a head count (poll) on interested parties later on.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#44]
ahhh i was just going to ask on the status here
I just got a Sig 226 Blackwater that needs breaking in
that just also put the 870 on the backburner
its built somewhat and shootable so I will have that too
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Buckeye Gun Club is meeting on Feb 4 to address some issues. RAYWOODROW3RD is now VP of the club and he will contact me about the details on the date and time. If it is a go, it will be on a SUNDAY in February. I will take a head count (poll) on interested parties later on.

Hey Bobby,

You happen to know what membership is,  for the Buckeye Gun Club.  It would be an alternative to Fort Dix, no?  Helldog40 is going to kill me but I don't have a strong urge to drive to LI to shoot when I can just go South, no bridges, nada.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Bobby,

You happen to know what membership is,  for the Buckeye Gun Club.  It would be an alternative to Fort Dix, no?  Helldog40 is going to kill me but I don't have a strong urge to drive to LI to shoot when I can just go South, no bridges, nada.

You must have a HUNTING LICENSE to become a member of the Buckeye Gun Club and then you can shoot there when ever you feel like besides hunting. Buckeye likes to have about 30 members, but their numbers are down to 19. They have a meeting tonite , so we should be hearing from Ray shortly about the MINI-Shoot and the cost for the day as guests. It is a nice little club run by some really nice people
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Bobby,

You must have a HUNTING LICENSE to become a member of the Buckeye Gun Club and then you can shoot there when ever you feel like besides hunting. Buckeye likes to have about 30 members, but their numbers are down to 19. They have a meeting tonite , so we should be hearing from Ray shortly about the MINI-Shoot and the cost for the day as guests. It is a nice little club run by some really nice people

I've got to see what NJ's Hunting requirements are.  I like the idea of a private club with an out door range.  I'll track Ray down for details.  Might be a worth while membership.

Just checked out NJ's hunting license.  It's only good for one calendar year, WTF.  Unless Ray's club accepts NYS hunting license, I'm gonna pass.

www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/hntlicfe.htm

Money making scheme is more like it.  NYS Hunting license is a lifetime license, you pay for tags on animals that you want to take.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I'm a 9mm aficionado

Off Topic: I got my first 1991 in .45, I beliee I have converted to the evil BIG BOY!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a 9mm aficionado

Off Topic: I got my first 1991 in .45, I beliee I have converted to the evil BIG BOY!

LD, I don't care if you're GHEY, if that's what you're saying.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#50]
So how is the mini-blast planning coming along...??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top