Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:39:01 AM EDT
Hey all! Just want to share. The wife over the past few months has been keeping me stocked up with new firearms!

Received the P99 for a late B-day present last year, and just picked up both the Nova and P22 last Friday. Actually she's wanted the carbon fiber P22 for about a year, but just this past week, turned to me and said "she" wanted both the P22 and the Nova, so lets go see Brian at B&Js. Filled out her first 4473 form

Have the 2 shot mag extension for the Nova enroute (gasp - $95!) and put on the sidesaddle just yesterday.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:20:14 AM EDT
Very nice! (the guns AND the wife!)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:54:48 AM EDT
Wish my wife was like that!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:48:00 AM EDT
You got a good one. Hang on to her!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:59:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 2:00:49 PM EDT by edpmedic]

Yea I know I love this gun. I also got the Nova doew yours have the recoil reduction option?

The only thing I find with the P99 is the finish. I wish it was more like the Glock. I am getting scratches on the slide.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:30:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 2:31:15 PM EDT by HKgnnr]
Nice 99 edp, yes they extremely comfortable and solid - right now the P99 is my carry piece, in a CompTac IWB holster. I'm awaiting a IWB from Brommeland Gunleather for the Kimber II, which I'll use primarily in the winter months.

The Nova was kind of an impulse buy - wife said its been so long since "we" had a shotgun, and after holding the stock Moss 500, Rem870 models, she liked the fit and feel of the Nova best. The only thing left I think is that i'm considering the 14" LOP Comfortec (sp?) buttpad. It'll make it about a half inch shorter for her and fine for me either way. As for the recoil reducer, not yet, from what I understand the most noticeable difference was when firing 3-3 1/2" mags. Seeing that she'll be fed a constant diet of 2 3/4's for now, I may decide to eventually pick one up to better handle the heavier loads.

Received the Nova 2 shot extension today, real nice - but the only one I could find under $100 was the RealTree finish. I'm going to Duracoat it in matte black, and have the finished product to show probably in a week or so.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:20:51 PM EDT
Is that really carbon fiber, or "carbon fiber look"?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:28:10 AM EDT
Hey sneak, it appears to be a carbon fiber skin/finish - as within the magwell or on the dustcover area, it looks like the same material on my P99.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:26:32 PM EDT
The only problem with the P99 is the finish. You can't beat a Glock tennifer finish. I am thinking of having it done. The LOP on my Nova is a little to long for me also. Might check into the butt-pad. Wish I could find a extension for the Nova and for my M4 shotgun also.

Only problem I might be going to jail if I put it on. What I can't understand how the extension is legal in the 3 gun IPSIC and IDAP shooting. I have seen almost everyone with them and those speed loaders.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:56:13 PM EDT
What's up HKgnnr, very nice weapons, the wifey has great taste.
Top Top