Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 9:51:43 PM EDT
On long Island. Massapequa.
I'm thinking of buying a rifle from them on-line.
Any thoughts.

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:41:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:27:50 AM EDT
Top notch, you won't find better on LI.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:17:46 AM EDT
Hunter Sports is one of the best of our local firearms stores -- you should do your deal.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:56:48 AM EDT
I actually drive past the old gun shop I used to go to (2 minutes away) to go to Hunter Sports (20 minutes away).

Nice people and better prices.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:31:36 AM EDT
I'm recently back in the LI area, much has changed in my 20 year hiatus. Can someone post the address for this place so I can check it out? I hesitate to do business with most of the shops in Nassau and Suffolk due to both prices and attitudes, would be nice to find a decent shop.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:32:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 2:02:34 PM EDT by edpmedic]
You will have no problem buying from them. Marc is a great guy and I buy all my stuff from them.

If you send me a IM about what you want I will go talk to him for you and make sure he knows your a friend. I will also check the weapon out you want and let you know what shape it is in.

Or send me a e-mail at

edpmedic@optonline.net
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NY-EMT:
I'm recently back in the LI area, much has changed in my 20 year hiatus. Can someone post the address for this place so I can check it out? I hesitate to do business with most of the shops in Nassau and Suffolk due to both prices and attitudes, would be nice to find a decent shop.

+1 I'de like to check this place out, since Burns Bros/WG&A closed up I've been unable to find any local shops with anything close to reasonable prices, I was just at T&T in merrick this morning with wad of money burning a hole in my pocket and although I saw a couple nice guns I couldnt justify paying what they were asking hinking.gif HELP ME I WANT TO SPEND SOME MONEY!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:10:17 AM EDT
Great group of guys there. Very friendly. Even there shop dog is cool. On a side note it seems there not accepting firearm transfers from non FFL shippers anymore. I dont blame them really from what i understand people constantly screw things up when shipping rifles to them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:06:02 PM EDT
Strats, what was your "old" gun shop?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:20:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 3:23:30 PM EDT by edpmedic]
Phil//I didn't get there today to ask about the Black Powder..Will be there tomorrow

Squid...Hold the money till you get over to Hunter Sports.

I also think a trip to B&J is in order see how Brian is doing and spend some money
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:15:58 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads-up NY ers.
I spoke with Marc the other day. He seems like a good guy.

Z
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:20:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:48:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoplite:

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
Strats, what was your "old" gun shop?

Im guessing Coliseum on hempstead tpke.
What is the new address for hunter sports? I havent been there in a few years

BINGO! Good call Hoplite.

Hunter Sports is at 4166 Sunrise Highway, Massapequa, NY 11758

About 1 mile East of the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:36:26 AM EDT
Isn't that pretty close to T&T?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:31:28 AM EDT
Yep T&T on Merrick and Hunter on Sunrise about another 3 or 4 miles East.

Headed to Hunter when I get off this Computer...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:41:42 AM EDT
Here is Hunter Sports online catalog. They seem to have a lot of stuff. I am out in mid Suffolk so I have never been there. Closest shop to me is Chester's Hunting & Fishing in Ronko or Benson's in Coram. Is Hunter Sports worth the trip? I have been in American Outdoor Sports on Rte 110. That place is big. Not a great selection of black rifles. American's prices are higher than Chester's.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:19:01 PM EDT
I will not return to American Outdoors without a formal invitation and unless ammo is free. I think you have to be one of the intermarried cousins to enjoy it there.
Then again, I have not had any problems with T and T, although I only buy new guns there; not used, and the prices have always been quite competitive- at least with other local-type gun shops and at least with what I purchased.
I did go into Hunter when they were in Merrick, found Mark great ,but the other lazy SOB, well, I just hope for your sake he formally retired.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:40:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnLINY:
Here is Hunter Sports online catalog. They seem to have a lot of stuff. I am out in mid Suffolk so I have never been there. Closest shop to me is Chester's Hunting & Fishing in Ronko or Benson's in Coram. Is Hunter Sports worth the trip? I have been in American Outdoor Sports on Rte 110. That place is big. Not a great selection of black rifles. American's prices are higher than Chester's.

I wouldnt recommend a trip just to brouse. They have a decent handgun selection but not much in black rifles. Store isnt too big either. I still buy most of my stuff at T&T in merrick Hanks a good guy.
They run some good deals on xm193 5.56 sometimes too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:20:16 PM EDT
I just deal with Hank at T&T.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:35:54 PM EDT
I went to American Outdoor sports after my deployment and asked about mark and hunter sports. The guy told me that Mark had left the gun industry. I can't stand those guys. T&T on jericho in New Hyde Park isn't bad even though that bald guy with glasses is a little gruff sometimes...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:53:45 AM EDT

that bald guy with glasses is a little gruff sometimes...

Good old Marty...LOL

Hank is a very nice person sometimes I feel sorry for him. I ask how much and he ells me them lowers his head and shakes it. I say I know what you mean and it's time you open your own place.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:53:49 PM EDT
Stan is the little mean man, actually I have seen him crack a smile once. Hank from the Seaford is his son and he's a good guy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:10:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BeachPatrol:
I just deal with Hank at T&T.

Hey Guys

I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone thats onthis site that I have either dealt with or is a Friend I truly apreciate all the support and Friends I have made through the shop. It truly is Hard to keep everyone happy.........and to all the people I either offended or upset becuase I couldnt hook them up I apologize. Both My Father and Myself treat the store as if its our own but when it all comes down to it anytime I try to hook someone up I can get vetoed by the king of the shop (for those who have been to T&T know who I am talking about)

I have been meaning to say some kind of Thank You to everyone that deals with me, so even though its not much.......... Thank You, I truly mean it!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:15:06 AM EDT
Well good to see you here and understand nothing against you.....I know you do your best and have alwas been up front with me.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:11:03 PM EDT
ditto regarding HANK at T and T.
Top Top