User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Groovey, so it's Jan 28, 1200... do you have the address for the library so I can mapquest it.  I could get lost in a paper bag.

www.gti.net/mocolib1/ has directions from most venues, and the street address if you'd like to look it up.

Just for convenience, it's:

30 East Hanover Avenue
Whippany, NJ

Thx for the address. I picked the library, I think a better place to meet for a discussion. I'm sure if anyone is upto it we could all go out after for some grub and ale.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Update: I stopped by the library today and verified our reservation, we're all set.

We have the Public Meeting Room from noon to 4pm on Sat 28 Jan.  I checked the room and it's huge, plenty of seating for 30+ and with computer screen projection available.  

Just go in the main doors, go past the front desk on your right, then turn right down the hallway.  The Public Meeting is on your right just past the restrooms.

No food or drink though, so have lunch beforehand.  

Name of the group is Disaster Recovery if you ask at the front desk.

Edit: I'm up for a beer and food afterward also!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#3]
TL1, 5thCavGuy-

I can't make the meeting.

Do you, will you have provisions to pass on the info to the interested but those unable to attend?

Thanks-

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm definitely going, and will be taking notes. My writing comprehention isn't great, but I will be happy to pass along any info I receive to anyone that is interested in this info.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
TL1, 5thCavGuy-

Do you, will you have provisions to pass on the info to the interested but those unable to attend?

Thanks-

Lion_dog

Sure thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TL1, 5thCavGuy-

Thanks-

Lion_dog

Sure thing.

Thanks K-

Brother MAP was gonna cover it, but just in case the unexpected happens - it is important the wanting didn't miss out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TL1, 5thCavGuy-

Thanks-

Lion_dog

Sure thing.

Thanks K-

Brother MAP was gonna cover it, but just in case the unexpected happens - it is important the wanting didn't miss out.

You want notes?  Run Forest Run!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TL1, 5thCavGuy-

Thanks-

Lion_dog

Sure thing.

Thanks K-

You want notes?  Run Forest Run!!!

MAP that digiTAL camera take videos??? Better than notes - !
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I'd be interested in reading the notes .
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like I'm gonna have to bow out of this one also. We started
a project at home last weekend and it grew to a 3-4 weekend deal. I hope
that this meeting turns into another.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Do we have a count for ppl that are going?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do we have a count for ppl that are going?

Nah.  The room can seat more than the sum of all the location votes in the poll so we're good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I completely chickened out.  I'm a big wuss about meeting new people, and I don't know ANY of you, and I'd be the only girl there...  

I'm a wuss, there is no excuse for me.

I hope there are notes though
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I completely chickened out.  I'm a big wuss about meeting new people, and I don't know ANY of you, and I'd be the only girl there...  

We love womenz!!! - Did you S.O. Phil go??? I wasn't there but I had a "family" christening to go to...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Notes from the meeting:

1.) Get your HAM license and pop the $100 or less for a handheld transceiver.  Dig thru posts from ar-jedi for information and recommendations, we discussed the VX170 set he recommended on the Survival forum.  

2.) Gasoline-fueled single burner mini-stove for boiling drinking water or food prep is a cheap priority.  $30 or so at Wal-Mart from Coleman or competitors.  Need this for bug-in or bug-out and it burns the same gas as your vehicle/lawnmower/etc.

3.) As posted previously, the reality is 90% bug-in and 10% bug-out.  Communications capability via HAM is essential, phone lines get downed during storms, both Bergen Co central (phone) offices got knocked out during Hurricane Oscar in 1999, etc.

4.) We'll be asking ar-jedi for guidance on picking a HAM frequency to designate for comms.

5.) Don't forget to include your hot water heater in your bug-in water supply inventory.  It's potable water after minimal filtration (Mr. Coffee filter)  to remove the sediment deposits that accumulate at the bottom of the tank.  Just be sure to close the inlet valve and throw the circuit breaker if the public water supply is shut down.  (nasty stuff generally comes along when the water supply is turned back on)  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We love womenz!!! - Did you S.O. Phil go??? I wasn't there but I had a "family" christening to go to...

No, Phil is in Seattle, so I'm on my own.  If he went with me I woulda been there.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top