Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:43:47 PM EDT
New guy here , John from Lake Grove .suffolk co.
Knot knowing one from another , asking the guys in the gun shop there opinion on one from another , I Bought a DPMS low pro .223 (16" bull barrel ) . Had a bushnell 3200 2-7-32 put on it and bore sighted it . I picked up a alpine spotting scope 18-36-60 , bipods , gun rest (the rock)
I went to calverton , Broke in the barrel first by firing one shot at a time cleaning it between each shot for 17 times he You all have a nice day ... John M
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:30:48 PM EDT
Congrats John.
Welcome to the boards
chris
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:32:44 AM EDT
Congrats John! Welcome. Setauket here. Sounds like a nice setup. I guess the barrel wasn't chrome lined by your break in. These boards are a great source of knowledge. Where did u pick up the rifle?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:07 AM EDT
Hi John , I bought it at American Outdoor Sports . Had I found this board early I may have looked into some options . they are nice over there . I think the way the store is set up may get people a little confused . first you wait up front for a salesman , then they will spend all the time you want .
Last night I went back and bought a winchester modle 9422 tribute . See you on the range ! I have a 93 chalcole gray suburban , I hope to get back to Calverton soon !
My wife and I went to tee dee ored at horse block . nice place , good guys . thus the new 22 .
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:48:08 AM EDT
I stopped going to Tee Dee over their stupid ass transfer policy, that was awhile ago so I don't know if things have changed back for the better.

Been going there so long, that I knew the owner before Bruce.......and they still pushed that crap ass policy on me.

Top Top