Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 6:43:47 PM EDT
New guy here , John from Lake Grove .suffolk co.
   Knot knowing one from another , asking the guys in the gun shop there opinion on one from another , I Bought a DPMS low pro .223  (16" bull barrel ) . Had a bushnell  3200 2-7-32 put on it and bore sighted it . I picked up a alpine spotting scope 18-36-60 , bipods , gun rest (the rock)
  I went to calverton , Broke in the barrel first by firing one shot at a time  cleaning it between each shot for 17 times he       You all have a nice day ...  John M
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats John.
Welcome to the boards
chris
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats John!  Welcome.  Setauket here.  Sounds like a nice setup.  I guess the barrel wasn't chrome lined by your break in.  These boards are a great source of knowledge.  Where did u pick up the rifle?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
  Hi John , I bought it at American Outdoor Sports . Had I found this board early I may have looked into some options . they are nice over there . I think the way the store is set up may get  people a little confused . first you wait up front for a salesman , then they will spend all the time you want .  
 Last night I went back and bought a winchester modle 9422 tribute . See you on the range ! I have a 93 chalcole gray suburban , I hope to get back to Calverton soon !
My wife and I went to tee dee ored at horse block . nice place , good guys . thus the new 22 .
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I stopped going to Tee Dee over their stupid ass transfer policy, that was awhile ago so I don't know if things have changed back for the better.

Been going there so long, that I knew the owner before Bruce.......and they still pushed that crap ass policy on me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top