Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 1:36:43 PM EDT
Just read the Jan-Feb ANJRPC newsletter and there's an article that Jim Bresett, Chief Range Officer at Cherry Ridge, is retiring in Spring '06.  The position is open and ANJRPC is accepting resumes.

I'm hopeful that this signals a more friendly, but no less safe, RO policy.  It's possible to consistently enforce clear and unambiguous range safety rules without being a tool doing it, hopefully the right person will emerge.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just read the Jan-Feb ANJRPC newsletter and there's an article that Jim Bresett, Chief Range Officer at Cherry Ridge, is retiring in Spring '06.  The position is open and ANJRPC is accepting resumes.

I'm hopeful that this signals a more friendly, but no less safe, RO policy.  It's possible to consistently enforce clear and unambiguous range safety rules without being a tool doing it, hopefully the right person will emerge.

Don't fooking count on it - BTW, he lives there. Guess someone's going to FLA.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There's an out-of-business commercial lot on the corner of RT 10 West and RT 53 North.
It's about as big as the old Paterson Rod and Gun Club.

We should get a Government grant to turn it into Morris County's premiere AR-15 facility, then staff it with our all-stars.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There's an out-of-business commercial lot on the corner of RT 10 West and RT 53 North.

We should get a Government grant to turn it into Morris County's premiere AR-15 facility, then staff it with our all-stars.

Sounds good. How do we start?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I could walk there from where I live. I bet that lot goes for 1 mil +.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm about 5 minutes from there. LETS DO IT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking for an old friend, Ed Baker.  We flew together in the NJ Guard out of Picatinny Arsenal.  Ed used to shoot at Cherry Ridge, I believe DCM matches.  If anyone knows of him, please IM me.  I moved to Ohio about 10 years ago, left the Guard, and my old aviation unit in no longer in existance.  I'd love to speak to him.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

I'm pretty close to there also, good to see ARFCOM is well represented in the area!

Sunset Hill is just a 45min drive into PA and they've been really nice both times I've been.  I shoot pretty fast pairs and the RO wasn't complaining a bit.

Between Dix trending downward, and Cherry Ridge potentially shaping up this coming year, it looks like hopefully zero-sum.  I'd love to see a more professionally-tempered RO running the show at CR as it's a closer drive than PA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

I'm pretty close to there also, good to see ARFCOM is well represented in the area!

Sunset Hill is just a 45min drive into PA and they've been really nice both times I've been.  I shoot pretty fast pairs and the RO wasn't complaining a bit.

Between Dix trending downward, and Cherry Ridge potentially shaping up this coming year, it looks like hopefully zero-sum.  I'd love to see a more professionally-tempered RO running the show at CR as it's a closer drive than PA.

Kev- Go the "cheap" route. Join the ANJRPC and bitch to management and rightfully so. If you get some type of good reaction, then join the RANGE. These are two separate memberships. IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Kev- Go the "cheap" route. Join the ANJRPC and bitch to management and rightfully so. If you get some type of good reaction, then join the RANGE. These are two separate memberships. IMHO.

I previously sent a message that I was considering joining as a full member but the unprofessional behavior of CR's RO staff put me off.  

No response received, which is a clear message in and of itself.

So I joined the cheapo route as a non-shooter and drive the extra ~20mins to PA instead.  

Regardless of the (kinda steep) membership fee, I believe it's reasonable to expect to be treated professionally by range staff and be allowed to shoot in controlled pairs.  At $10 a pop in PA and with friendly, courteous range staff there, I've got no burning desire to join CR.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
What town is Sunset Hill located? I'm only 15 miles from CR, but would like to explore other places, before I convert from an annual membership to a lifetime member.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What town is Sunset Hill located? I'm only 15 miles from CR, but would like to explore other places, before I convert from an annual membership to a lifetime member.

It's 5mi off the Tannersville exit #209 on I-80.  I was there this afternoon and it was busy but with several empty shooting stalls.  

I ran a few rounds thru my old 30-30 lever gun at their hanging "reactive" targets...the bowling pin was destroyed after 3 hits, the stuffed animals paid for their crimes, and the wooden block came apart w/ one hit.  Slower rate of fire than a black rifle but the extra hitting power is really nice.

I browsed their rent-a-gun section and it has some neat stuff...FAL, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M16A1, G3, buncha handguns, and several other rifles.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top