Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 10:29:10 PM EDT
Hey you guys. I'm looking to pick up this Bushmaster off the EE but am not sure if it's legal or not in Westchester County. Check out the link and let me know.
THANKS!!

CAN I BUY THIS AR-15? ~C L I C K  H E R E
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No good in NY. It has some evil features that are still banned here. Bayo lug and stock are no good. It has to be a preban rifle to have the evil features here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
This law is damn retarded! That rifle is $850 from the seller on the EE but $1100 at a local dealer! That's insane! $300 difference. Does that law go for the lower receivers as well? Can I purchase this lower and build on it?

What about this one? CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless its a preban rifle, NO telestock,NO flashhider,NO bayo lug. I dont think LMT makes neutered uppers. If you want all the nice features, get yourself a preban lower and build on that.

Aint NY great?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
What about this one? Does it sound shady? With the mags sometimes sticking or popping out?

AM I A GOOD BUY? ~C L I C K  H E R E
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
What the seller is saying is that some mags drop free when the mag release is pushed.  Which is normal and desired.  Some mags do not drop free and have to be pulled out.  Most OlyArms are like this and can be corrected by squeezing the mags a bit in a vise.  That's what I do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Go up to Collector Rifle and Ammo in Hopewell Junction - they have a ton of AR's for good prices. New Bushies for $850, NY compliant. They have a pre-ban Olympic/SGW for $1100 with a 2 position stock, but I'd go new. Westchester FFL's are nuts when it comes to prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top