Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 10:28:41 AM EDT

Visiting family and want to know where to go shooting with Dad and company.  I see already that the one range I know about, Blue Mt. Sportsman's Center, is closed the time that I will be there.

thanks,
dan
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
WC sucks as far as ranges go. You can't shoot a or possess a handgun in NY without a NYS pistol permit or fall under one of the few exemptions (which you don't) that exist in the PL.

Most ranges are located outside WC (Orange, Putnam & Dutchess counties) and are private facilities. If you post when you'll be here and depending on the weather you might get an invite from a NY member in the area.

You could go out to Long Island but that's at least a one or two hour drive depending on the range.

The Coyne Park range in Yonkers is open to the public but you would be limited to .22 caliber rifles.

www.coyneparkrange.net/general.html

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WC sucks as far as ranges go. You can't shoot a or possess a handgun in NY without a NYS pistol permit or fall under one of the few exemptions (which you don't) that exist in the PL.

Most ranges are located outside WC (Orange, Putnam & Dutchess counties) and are private facilities. If you post when you'll be here and depending on the weather you might get an invite from a NY member in the area.

You could go out to Long Island but that's at least a one or two hour drive depending on the range.

The Coyne Park range in Yonkers is open to the public but you would be limited to .22 caliber rifles.

www.coyneparkrange.net/general.html

thanks for the input, I figured as much.

I will be in Scarsdale arriving 12-22 and leaving 12-31

NO COMMENT  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top