Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:28:41 AM EDT

Visiting family and want to know where to go shooting with Dad and company. I see already that the one range I know about, Blue Mt. Sportsman's Center, is closed the time that I will be there.

thanks,
dan
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:52:06 AM EDT
WC sucks as far as ranges go. You can't shoot a or possess a handgun in NY without a NYS pistol permit or fall under one of the few exemptions (which you don't) that exist in the PL.

Most ranges are located outside WC (Orange, Putnam & Dutchess counties) and are private facilities. If you post when you'll be here and depending on the weather you might get an invite from a NY member in the area.

You could go out to Long Island but that's at least a one or two hour drive depending on the range.

The Coyne Park range in Yonkers is open to the public but you would be limited to .22 caliber rifles.

www.coyneparkrange.net/general.html

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:58:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
WC sucks as far as ranges go. You can't shoot a or possess a handgun in NY without a NYS pistol permit or fall under one of the few exemptions (which you don't) that exist in the PL.

Most ranges are located outside WC (Orange, Putnam & Dutchess counties) and are private facilities. If you post when you'll be here and depending on the weather you might get an invite from a NY member in the area.

You could go out to Long Island but that's at least a one or two hour drive depending on the range.

The Coyne Park range in Yonkers is open to the public but you would be limited to .22 caliber rifles.

www.coyneparkrange.net/general.html

thanks for the input, I figured as much.

I will be in Scarsdale arriving 12-22 and leaving 12-31

NO COMMENT
Top Top