Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2005 6:35:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd hate to be the perp in the back of that car.
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
At least it'd be a fun ride to jail .
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a pretty expensive police car for 125,000 Euros ($149,188.85 US).
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 3:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Not very practical except for running up and down the highway.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They need it on the Autobahn

It's the only way that they can catch some of those cars

edit- cant seem to spell today
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]

+1 on that...

They usually give tickets there if your going to slow or in the wrong lane......I had a gas on that thing a long time ago. Wish I could do it now with the technology these days........BAck then it was you really needed to know how to drive by he seat of your pants.....
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fine, except for officers that go out and answer real calls for service and not just write tickets all day, they need something more than that. Some US agencies have specialized cars like that for interstates, but it just isn't realistic for routine patrol functions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The NYSP use to use 5.0 - 5 speed/stick Mustangs and Camaros for chase cars.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one of the NYSP Mustangs race me in my IROC Camaro on the Thruway before. I thought the dude was pulling me over at first, he came up on my so quickly! He was just showing off his new fivepointoh. I politely let him win by a large margin.
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The NYSP use to use 5.0 - 5 speed/stick Mustangs and Camaros for chase cars.

The last NYSP Camaro I saw was an automatic.

Only the Mustangs were sticks. The Camaros were all automatics. Only a select group of Troopers were assigned to them. Many of the Troopers couldn't drive a stick anyway.
Link Posted: 11/5/2005 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#13]
That's what all the SAAB's, Volvos, BMW 5's and phat Benz's are for.

When I was in W. Germany as an MP, the local Polezi commanders had say over what their officers drove. The Porche patrol is also to get to the scene of an accident quickly. They have some monsterous pileups on the autoban in poor weather.

Quoted:
Fine, except for officers that go out and answer real calls for service and not just write tickets all day, they need something more than that. Some US agencies have specialized cars like that for interstates, but it just isn't realistic for routine patrol functions.

Link Posted: 11/6/2005 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do they have to catch them for? Speeding?
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:11:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Usually there is no speed limit on the autobahn between cities, but there is an inner city speed limit. The Germans don't tollerate the kind of bad driving you see in the US, i.e. no signals, hogging the left lane, passing on the right, etc. The high speed cars are used to chase someone down who violated some part of the V&T code, or as I posted earlier to get to the scene of an accident or incident quickly.

Quoted:
What do they have to catch them for? Speeding?

Link Posted: 11/7/2005 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#16]
NYPD had a 5.0 supercharger coupe for a while it was confiscated on the street racing raids they HWY 3 ran the car for a while till it started having head gasket problems

There are still quite a few marked units that were aquired throu these processes
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Some better pics:

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I remember seeing somewhere the highway police in Italy had a Lamborghini Gallardo donated to them.  It was bright yellow with police markings.  It looked sick.  I guess that was for auto strassa?

What would be even more funny would be pics of the worst police cars.  I remember seeing a pic of an old blue and white VW bug as a Mexican police car.  A horse could out run that thing.

I have seen the Suffolk police and NYS troopers use Camaros around here on LI.

The nicest police cars I have seen in the states were in Brenkenridge, CO.  The police had Range Rovers and Land Rover Discoveries as their vehicles.  I guess all the mountain snow they had no choice.

Edit:  found pics.  See the NYPD's latest at the bottom

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#20]
They use the Camaro and I use to see some Mustangs fot the Highway cops on the Southern State and Northen State.

They had some real neat looking cars in Puerto Rico for high way use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top