Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2003 7:04:17 PM EDT
Just wondering, I know the block of wood or spent rounds is the preferred method.

However I'd prefer something a little bit more solid then having brass in the mag.

Do any of you Jersey shooters have any preferred methods.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a small block of wood.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Two rivets in the front. They don't interfere with the spring.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the block of wood inside the spring method.  Another method I've seen is to insert a screw or thin bolt through the floor plate and secure with a nut on the other side.  Not sure what the perfect length would be though.  Nice thing about this method is that floor plates are easily and cheaply replaced at a later date whereas mag bodies aren't.  (i.e., the pop rivet method)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#4]
when i sold members in Jersey mags I used a block of wood from one of my old hockey sticks.  I cut it horizontally and vertically so it fit inside the spring in the mag.  Experiment with the length to see what works in 20s and 30s.  Im not a real fan of the rivet idea or anything else that leaves a hole in the body or floorplate
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm becoming a fan of the wood block Idea.

I will add that these are m1a Magazines, will a wood block fit so easily inside?

ALso, does anyone know the best way to disassemble a m1a mag so as to do this?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The best way is to get factory Colt 20 round mags that are already blocked to five rounds.  Remove the rivet in the floor plate and the existing 5 round block.  Use a wood block or re-fit the existing metal block to hold 15 rounds.  Install the floor plate and rivet it back in place.  

The mags look like perfect 20 rounders and can easily be converted back to 5 or 20 round mags if required. The downside is these mags are in demand for 5 round hunting mags and are a more expensive then regular 20 rounders.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm becoming a fan of the wood block Idea.

I will add that these are m1a Magazines, will a wood block fit so easily inside?

ALso, does anyone know the best way to disassemble a m1a mag so as to do this?

I have AR10 mags blocked, no problem at all.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a rifle at Sarco they use a wood block. The rivet can destroy the value of the magazine. I am also conerned about takinghte mag apart for cleaning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top