Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 4:39:42 PM EDT
is this a joke? is it legal?
www.rocklandcountyclerk.com/pistol_license.html#16

How many pistols can I own?
There is no limit to the number of pistols you can own. However, upon purchase of a 10th pistol, you must submit proof of a locked safe, and submit a sworn affidavit in this regard.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never been so glad to live in Orange county! Orange co. doesn't ask for that.

I've had a safe for quite a while, but to be told to have one or not be approved is an insult.

[preaching to the choir]If they really wanted to enhance safety and encourage the use of gunsafes, they should eliminate the sales tax on safes, or give a 1 time tax credit for owning one.[/preaching to the choir]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch out! Looks like he means buisness.

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The tax idea is a great one that I never thought of. Forcing people to buy safes is an insult but buying a safe is a great idea. Now that I have a safe I can't belive that I did not buy one sooner. I had two burglaries in my house, one in 1985 and again in 1995. Lost one real gun in the first one and three BB guns. Did nothing after the incident thinking that lighting could not hit twice. Lost no guns in the second incident, guns in one of those cheap security safes, now I have a real safe and the house is a fortress. MIKE.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
NYC requires a safe after your 4th handgun.  Westchester is 5.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
In some Counties the Judge will also order the local or County PD to investigate the security of your residence after x number of firearms.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I ain't got no stinking safe....I have an armory.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top