Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2003 4:38:15 AM EDT
I walked into Butch's Gunshop, in Vineland yesterday. I had a credit card with a very healthy open line....I started to shake and was about to go nuts and buy thoushands of dollars in gun s. I had to run out!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:54:24 AM EDT
It was a PAra folder, an M1A, and then I started shaking.... 3 months ago, I bought a Saiga 12 shotgun...sweet!
I had to realize I was building our house and ned all the credit. I had jsut gotten the estimate on the downstairs, $11 a sq ft for garage,shop, gym, dojo and gun room....
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:35:44 AM EDT
I've never been there. What is his address in Vineland? Does he carry lots of post ban semi-autos?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:59:40 PM EDT
Landis Avenue right off Delsea Drive, Was a Bank. Behind a motel I think. He has the best selection of evil guns in the area.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:10:38 PM EDT
I am going to need better directions and a phone number (I am navigationally challenged)
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:16:58 PM EDT
You want shaking? About nine or ten months ago, the 10mm bug hit me.....and whenever I have the cash I'm always on the lookout for a Delta Elite Stainless. Mostly I see them in the $1000 dollar range, and that's just a tad much for me.

So, three weeks ago, I finish up shooting at the indoor range, and while paying I peek over their handgun selection.....there on consignment was a Colt Delta Elite stainless....decent shape, only a little wear........$495. And now that my F***KING municipality wants to see your F**KING birth certificate (which is in my parents safety deposit box...parents being on vacation) it'd be a month until I could BEGIN the application process, and another 4-6 before I got the permit. I can't really explain how pissed I was.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:51:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hard-case:
You want shaking? About nine or ten months ago, the 10mm bug hit me.....and whenever I have the cash I'm always on the lookout for a Delta Elite Stainless. Mostly I see them in the $1000 dollar range, and that's just a tad much for me.

So, three weeks ago, I finish up shooting at the indoor range, and while paying I peek over their handgun selection.....there on consignment was a Colt Delta Elite stainless....decent shape, only a little wear........$495. And now that my F***KING municipality wants to see your F**KING birth certificate (which is in my parents safety deposit box...parents being on vacation) it'd be a month until I could BEGIN the application process, and another 4-6 before I got the permit. I can't really explain how pissed I was.

have you considered a dan Wesson Razorback as a backup gun?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:32:33 PM EDT
Hey HArd Case.....lay away..I have my own account in one gun store, and another just starts pulling guns out, smiles and hands them to me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:28:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoplite:
have you considered a dan Wesson Razorback as a backup gun?

Last I'd heard the Razorback was on a limited run basis, and it had some teething problems (can't remember if it was a general gun board, or a 1911 specific gun board, but there were reports of a number of people having to send them back....pretty much the minor birthing pains of a new run). Figured I'd missed the cut on that run, and wanted to see how the reviews would be a few months after release...

Originally Posted By TheWind:
Hey HArd Case.....lay away..I have my own account in one gun store, and another just starts pulling guns out, smiles and hands them to me.

I'll admit, I've never really found a gunstore that 'does it' for me. The two closest ones over time seem to be very hit or miss with regards to service. The one that does layaway is not bad, aside from the fact that I'd shit bricks if I ever saw anything like a Delta Elite there (they're mostly mainstream stuff). Plus, the place I was shopping was in PA (closest indoor range)....so there'd also be the transfer involved.
Top Top