Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 9:45:35 PM EDT
Firstly, I really must thank Hiram for keeping us in the 'loop' best he could regarding the situation surrounding B&Js. I know that with the deep legal issues, you really couldn't divulge much, but the updates certainly reminded us to keep Brian in our prayers.

Secondly, I would like to commend all you fellow North Easterners who have attended the gatherings and those who have yet to come forth.  Too many times we see fellas get all torqued up at "missed deadlines" and "bad news." Its good to see I share the shooting sports with those whose faith doesn't waiver and allegiances don't collapse.

With those thoughts in mind, I'm sure many of us cannot fathom going through what Brian had, and subsequently overcame. All the time I'm sure considering the loss of business and possible customers which came so abruptly.

I thought it might be a nice idea to show our appreciation for his hospitality and support of our regional get-togethers for many years to come.

My consideration is to have a plaque made for Brian, on behalf of the AR15 Northeast crew to hang in the shop. A minor token congratulating Brian and a show of gratitude for hosting such events.

I haven't considered the wording or such, so I'm certainly looking for suggestions.

Also, I'm awaiting word on a nice bottle of Dom Perignon for Brian to share with his little lady.

As for the funds to do such things, I'll be looking into prices this week. Please understand I certainly don't expect anyone to chip in - however if you did feel so inclined just send me an IM. I would not consider this a personal gift to Brian, but rather a group one from all of us. So please, please, please, if you don't have the funds to contribute do not feel pressured to do so.

Please feel free to post your thoughts/comments etc.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
See my IM mail. I would like to do something
Gerry
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell yeah I'm on board!  B&J was like a second home to me, and I've known Brian since 1990 when he was polluting our little Leave It To Beaver college town.  Anybody who has ever wondered, his stories are 100% true... if anything he holds back a little!

I was at the shop today and he has some stock in already, Barrett 82, some $9,000 shotgun, a gorgeous M48 Mauser and a bunch of other stuff.  Within a couple weeks the shelves should be packed.  When you deal in the volume he does there are issues of letters of credit to your suppliers, etc.  All of that has worked out to my understanding and the deliveries are coming in.

God, can't wait to see all you guys soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top