Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2003 12:45:31 PM EDT
What is the easiest way to get there and once on post how do i get to 404th CA BN BLDG 202?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:28:17 PM EDT
Take NJ Turnpike to exit 7, route 206 South.

Travel a short distance on 206 south and turn left onto route 68. 68 will be a traffic light where you can only go straight or left. It is well marked with signs.

Follow 68 until you run into friendly gun-toting gentlemen wearing Marpat green and they will direct you around the base.

That is the most direct route to Ft Dix. There are others but this is the easiest set of directions I can give you. Once you hit the gate on 68, they may direct you around to the main entrance in Wirghtstown but, that is just up the road and they can give you directions.

Are you staying in town a while? If so, we should have a little get-together!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:30:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJunkie:

Travel a short distance on 206 south and turn left onto route 68. 68 will be a traffic light where you can only go straight or left. It is well marked with signs.

Follow 68 until you run into friendly gun-toting gentlemen wearing Marpat green and they will direct you around the base.

That is the most direct route to Ft Dix. There are others but this is the easiest set of directions I can give you. Once you hit the gate on 68, they may direct you around to the main entrance in Wirghtstown but, that is just up the road and they can give you directions.

im in town but i wont have any free time. I will be there from thursday til sunday on orders. we are supposed to do some land nav, qualification and some other out door activities over these 4 days so im wondering how the weather will play into this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:31:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJunkie:

how long do you think it will take once i hit the tpke?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:33:24 PM EDT
Oh yeah, if memory serves me correctly, bldg 202 is over in the main part of the base where the finance office used to be and the fire deparment. Basically its closer to the Wrightstown entrance to the base and near the PX/BX that Dix and Maguire share. Everything is pretty well centralized in that one area so, it shouldn't be hard to find your way there with a little help from the MPs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:36:32 PM EDT
Well, if you don't hit major traffic anywhere, the trip from the exit 14 area to 7 should take 45 - 60 minutes at most. (assuming a decent rate of travel...) From there, you are looking at 5 minutes or less on 206 and then maybe 15 minutes on 68 until you hit the gate. So, 90 minutes total would be a reasonable estimate for the trip.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:56:50 PM EDT
Hoplite, are you there now or are you heading there in the near future? I will be there next month for an FBI advanced sniper course, i will be staying on the base, if your there maybe we could get together...............JOHN
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:59:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RONIN45:
Hoplite, are you there now or are you heading there in the near future? I will be there next month for an FBI advanced sniper course, i will be staying on the base, if your there maybe we could get together...............JOHN

going there with my unit for a few days. i will be home sunday
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:06:50 PM EDT
I will be there 06-Oct through 17-Oct. Maybe we could get together before that.......
Top Top