Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2003 7:02:56 PM EDT
Anyone going? Saturday looks good for me. I got some odds and end to get rid of. Sound off, maybe we can meet up and indulge in some of the fine food they have available at the snack bar.............
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:16:13 PM EDT
I'll be there. You can find me with my FFL on the far right at the table to the left of the fire exit door. Lippy is usually a few tables down on the left of that isle. I should be easy to spot if I am walking around. Just look for the person wearing a black "Peace Through Superior Firepower" T-shirt.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:54:37 PM EDT
Count me IN John! Call me ya bastid.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:09:16 PM EDT
Vinnie, if you want to drive up together that would be cool, i am thinking about bringing up some ammo to sell. If anyone needs me to bring up anything drop me a line, i get pretty good deals.................JOHN
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:32:59 PM EDT
how far is this from Stewart Airport?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:19:28 AM EDT
DODGERAM AND MYSELF WANNA COME UP ON SUNDAY TO CHECK OUT THE DEALS!!!! ANYBODY GOT DIRECTIONS FROM LONG ISLAND?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:38:19 AM EDT
I'll be there Sat morning.

RONIN45>> Got any .308 surplus?? IM me if you do. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:27:47 PM EDT
Doubt I'll make it Ronin, Sunday would have probably been better for me. Have a great time!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:10:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoplite:
how far is this from Stewart Airport?

20 minutes?

It's at the Orange County Fairgrounds.

You can take 84 to 17 to the fairgrounds.

Ok, maybe 30 minutes, and that's with a slow driver and every red light...
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:19:08 PM EDT
Oh, and I'll be there. No idea what I'll be wearing (is it clean? does it smell? will I look like a refugee from some Klan camp? if it's yes on one and no on two and three, I wear it...)

My Father and I usually troll the shows. Look for a fat guy with camo cutoffs with paint splatters on 'em, and probably wearing a black Buckaroo Banzai t-shirt with some cryptic quote on the back of it. That'll probably be me. The tall dorky j-crew guy next to me will be my dad.

Which day? Sat or Sun?

mag162:

Look for directions for the ORange County Fairgrounds. Google is your friend Easiest way for you: Find a way to 287 (cross-westchester expressway), cross over the Tap, and catch 87 north. Continue to exit 16 (rt. 17, Woodbury Commons), and take 17 west/north/whatever (it meanders north and west...I think it's west.) Anyway, follow that, and follow the directions to the ORange County Fair/Fairgrounds from there, and thats where it is.

I still dunno which day I'll show; depends on the hangover, really Saturday is probably the day I'll show, though. Early morning, around 11. (for me, that's early on weekends)
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:11:28 PM EDT
I am looking forward to finally meeting some of you. Looks like Vinny and i will be driving up together. It looks like its going to be a pretty nice day...........
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:19:35 AM EDT
Well it looks like Sunday will be the day I go up with Dodgeram
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:30:22 AM EDT
Looks like the kids and I will be there around noon time Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:30:46 AM EDT
OK a heads up. John's picking me up in a little while. I'll be wearing blue jeans (faded), a navy blue zip up hooded sweat shirt, and navy blue tee. Look for an Asian with a high and tight. OR you can just yell out "Vinnie" and look for the only Asian that looks around.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:43:04 AM EDT
LOL, yeah I woke John's wife up... something tells me Hiram is a dead man walkin!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:18:38 AM EDT
Holy Smokes!!!

Nice knowing you H/R. I'll lay down as much cover fire as I can, but....

...it was nice knowing you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:47:41 PM EDT
Wow, great time. Pretty decent show. Lots of black rifles, most way overpriced... but there was a mint preban Valmet there for like $1,400. SAR1s looked real nice, and most were around $319. C&R was overpriced for a lot of it... wouldn't you know it, when I got home my C&R was in the mailbox! UGGGHHHHH!

It was great to see the gang, Vinnie... funnier than shit! Ronin, just an all around good guy, Raptor... the shizznit... Lippy, rock on buddy!

See you all in Albany soon for Brian's opening!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:39:22 PM EDT
I am looking forward to it also. I had a great time today, great bunch of guys. Picked up some odds and ends. Does this sound familiar(how much for the Knights grip?)LOL. ... See you guys in Albany. Stay Safe...........
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:46:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RONIN45:
I am looking forward to it also. I had a great time today, great bunch of guys. Picked up some odds and ends. Does this sound familiar(how much for the Knights grip?)LOL. ... See you guys in Albany. Stay Safe...........

You sir are a bastage!

$15 KAC grip
$60 GG&G Aimpoint mount with spare battery compartment
$150 Steiner binocs...

John check out the thread What to do with my Wm in the AK forum to see what daddy did with his new acquisitions.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:08:33 PM EDT
Ronin45, Vinnie and HiramRanger it was great getting together with you guys today. See you guys in Albany.
Top Top